Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 3GS keeps Restarting itself randomly

Hello,

Basically i am using a iPhone 3GS Version 4.1. It can boot up normally and every funtion inside works pretty fine. it's just that it only last for about 5 to 7mins.

After 5 to 7 mins it will make a restart randomly and after it restart i can use my phone again ... Why is this happening? Tried restoring didn't help I'm out of warrenty! Is there any solution??? Please help!!! Thank you!

Posted on Nov 26, 2011 9:30 AM

41 replies

Dec 1, 2011 4:38 AM in response to Wizet

I've encountered the same problem this morning, my iphone 3GS restarting itself 2 to 3 minutes and it freaks me out.I tried restore it, during my first restore I've received an error message saying back up failed but I've go for the second restore immediately without backing up and it works perfectly again.Don't restore from backup, try restore from new.Hope it helps.

Dec 1, 2011 7:36 AM in response to Wizet

Try DFU Restore,

1. Connect your iphone to your computer.

2. Shut down the your iphone.

3. Press the Power and the Home buttons at the same time.

4. After 10 seconds release the Power button but continue holding the Home button

until you see a popup from iTunes saying "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode"

5. If you have been successful your device screen will be completely black/blank (this is 'DFU Mode')

6. You can now proceed and restore to the latest firmware using iTunes

(P.S:Before trying this please google DFU Restore and understand exactly what it is for I have never tried this before.Goodluck!)

Jan 20, 2012 2:24 AM in response to saadalsakran

EDIT: see final comment...

Unfortunately the SIM removal didn't work for me. It still is rebooting every few minutes.

I have 3GS, 5.0.1, and had data turned off, but 3G turned on.

It was all fine until this morning when my battery went flat, I put it on charge and after a few minutes turned it back on (charge was at 8%). It didn't turn on by itself which I thought was odd.

And since then, it's been restarting.

I turned off 3G, still reboots,

Removed the SIM, enabled 3G, replaced SIM, still reboots.

Any other ideas?

EDIT: Ok, after the final reboot above, I got a flood of texts when it restarted, and since then it appears to be ok.

So, EPIC KUDOS to saadalsakran, this fix does work, but you may need to try a couple of times.

Message was edited by: jjkboswell

Iphone 3GS keeps Restarting itself randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.