Previous 1 2 3 Next 130 Replies Latest reply: Apr 13, 2012 11:53 PM by ChillCadillacGrill
Atagahi Level 1 (0 points)

I input all the information for the nano recall in Apple's website, but it is just sitting there.  I've heard others got their new nanos already, but we haven't even received a box to send the old one in yet.  It's been 16 days.  There doesn't seem to be a way to contact Apple to find out what the timeline is or if my case just got stuck in no man's land. 

Anyone else waiting a long time for a response?

iPod nano, Other OS
  • marthafromsanford Level 1 (0 points)

Yeah I'm waiting on the box still......I. did it on nov. 13 and I'm from florida still nothing....please apple hurry up or I just will have to go out and get me something else and of course not apple!

• sktaylor09 Level 1 (0 points)

Same here! They promised the box within 2 days and I sent my request out on Nov 13th as well!

They have the most horrible customer support.

• LuByZa Level 1 (0 points)

I also responded the day I got the notification.  After one week, I called Apple.  Since they had a 10 day expiration from the date of receiving the box, i thought the box may have been lost and i did not want to miss the deadline.  The rep said they underestimated the number of shipping boxes they would need and I should get the box within a week.  It has not yet arrived.  Clearly Apple had underestimated the number of first generation iPods still in use in the marketplace.  

• stuberma Level 1 (0 points)

Great. I registered my recall information on November 13th as well. i wondered if my box got lost in the mail, guess i'm not the only one.

Who knows, maybe they will just give us new nanos (refurbished old/newer generations). Please share when you receive a box, i'm going to the Apple Store this weekend to replace my power cord and see what the deal is with the Nano.

• snoopyhead101 Level 1 (0 points)

I requested my box on 11/12/11. Received it from FedEX on 11/30/11. Per Apple, there is about a two week delay.

• Atagahi Level 1 (0 points)

Yes, I've read that they are behind on boxes, too.  Next Monday, it will have been three weeks since I filled out the online form.  I guess they didn't anticipate that many Nanos still being in use.

• smilingdog Level 1 (5 points)

Submitted request on Nov 13th and have been waiting...

waiting...

waiting...

waiting...

If they ran out of boxes, there must be a number of people who actually received their boxes.

Anyone who has got their box, I'd appreciate an update including where you're located.  TIA

• hatch3 Level 1 (0 points)

I'm in Chicago. I submitted my request about three weeks ago, and got the box in mid-November. I'm still awaiting the replacement, which, rumor has it, will be a refurbished original Nano.

• sheilsinNZ Level 1 (0 points)

Did anyone else get a bag rather than a box?? Concerned that if I send it in the satchel provided, they won't accept it. Also, anyone got an email or phone contact at Apple for the recall? Thanks

• Hibasot Level 1 (10 points)

Relax guys - if Apple acknowledged your request then it is just a waiting game... After about 2 weeks waiting, I received  a padded envelope which inserted into a plastic prepaid returns bag - perfectly adequate for this tiny machine ...

I'm still waiting for my replacement,  but with what appears to be a large take up of returns, then this is obviously going to take some time...

• GeeKay Level 4 (3,540 points)

Here in Japan (where my iPod nano was already replaced once during the previous recall), it only took 24 hours for the box to arrive after I submitted my request. I guess the demand here isn't nearly as large as it is elswhere.

• shadoe8995 Level 1 (0 points)

I too am waiting for Apple. I placed my request for replacement Nov 14, 2011. I have checked their Repair Status but no change from the first step.

• stuberma Level 1 (0 points)

I spoke to a rep. over the weekend. just as everyone else, they are short on boxes and underestimated how many people would actually qualify for the recall.

From what he told me, there is a 'good chance' that Apple does not have enough 1st generation in stock (ie: 500K are saved in storage, but 1 million people asked for the recall). Rough numbers, but he said it's something like that.

What he heard apparently was "Once the 1st Gen. are gone, people will be receiving 2nd Gen."

• Atagahi Level 1 (0 points)

Perhaps some good news for those of us who are left waiting, then.

Previous 1 2 3 Next