Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing Audio Language in Netflix (Latin America)

Hi all,

I´m having issues with Netflix in Latin America from an Apple TV. Many movies have three languages (spanish, english and portuguese) and depending the availabitty it starts by default in spanish. I prefer english but i can´t find the way to change the audio language, I´ve found out how to change subtitules but I can´t find the way to change audio language.

I alredy tried changing the defalut audio options on the Apple Tv general seetings but that haven´t changed a thing. It seems to be a limitation on iOS devices cause I´m also experiencing the same thing on my iPhone 4.

Thanks in advance.

Mauro

AppleTV 2, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 11:16 AM

44 replies

Dec 16, 2011 6:39 AM in response to Mauro Montauti

I'm having the same issue, which makes using the Apple TV for Netflix pointless. I can access Netflix on my Wii where it is easy to change the audio language and subtitle options. But even pressing the select button to bring up options during playback of the Apple TV does nothing for the audio language, just the subtitles.

Is it too much to ask, as Netflix provides 3 or 4 audio language tracks in Latin America, for Apple TV's Netflix access to have an option to choose the language track? I have everything set to English as the default on my Apple TV and on my Netflix account, yet maybe 10% of what I try to watch actually plays back in English. The other 90% will either start up in Spanish or Portuguese. I find myself always having to use the (far inferior) Wii for Netflix playback just so I can listen to the English audio.

Please, Apple, include a visible and easy option to choose audio language in Netflix on the next software update.

Dec 24, 2011 11:07 PM in response to Mauro Montauti

I have the same problem. When trying to watch a movie in my iphone or appleTV I get either spanish or portuguese never english (which would be my first choice) and there's no way to change it. Tried going into netflix and changing the language preference on my account but that didn't work.

Big fail to release an app for the iphone and appleTV for Latinamerica where several languages are spoken and not put an option to choose the audio language.

If I want to hear the movies in english I have to rely on either the Wii or PS3 which apps allow for switching language.

Dec 30, 2011 7:01 PM in response to Mauro Montauti

El cambio a inglés como idioma predeterminado solo soluciona parcialmente el problema pues como ya comentaron ahora algunas peliculas se reproducen en portugues. Esto sucede también afecta si el video se reproduce desde la computadora o en un PS3, con la importante diferencia que en esos dispositivos se tiene la opción de seleccionar el idioma de audio y subtitulos caso por caso (no todos los titulos tienen todos los idiomas disponibles).

Esto me parce es un problema del desarrollo de la aplicacion para iOS. Sugiero que reportemos el problema a traves del link de la aplicacion en la app store: "Reportar un problema" pues es mas un tema del desarrollador de la aplicacion que de apple.

De cualquier manera Netflix tiene un pesimo esquema de atencion a clientes. Solo les pueden contactar via telefonica a un numero de eeuu, me parece absurdo pagar una llamada de Larga distancia internacional para que resuelvan un problema de un servicio que ofrecen en Mexico.

Todo esto me esta haciendo considerar si tanto problema vale la pena

Jan 2, 2012 12:41 PM in response to Mauro Montauti

Me sucede lo mismo:

Usaba Netflix en mi PS3 y cambiar el audio a otro idioma era una sencillez.

Desde que Netflix lanzó para iOS y Apple TV, he notado que es imposible cambiar el audio (en mi iPhone), solo hay opciones para subtítulos. En el Apple TV, algunas películas se reproducen por defecto en español y no puedo cambiarlas al audio en inglés.

Me gusta más la interfaz en Apple TV (y uso mi iPhone como remoto) que en PS3, por eso la molestia mía, si no, no me importara tanto.

Sugiero que todos hagamos un "feedback" a Apple y/o llamemos a Netflix Servicio al Cliente para presionar para que mejoren el servicio, es un problema nuevo porque a nosotros los latinoamericanos nos gusta más escuchar el audio en el idioma original y leer subtítulos, estamos acostumbrados a eso.

Para el tema del "Feedback" para Apple TV ver el enlace:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/appletv.html

Message was edited by: racso39

Changing Audio Language in Netflix (Latin America)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.