Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I create an @mac.com account ?

Posted on Feb 14, 2012 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 1:35 PM

The previous posters from 10 months ago are completely correct. See: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2623

It's always better to test and research answers before posting, to avoid adding misinformation to ancient threads.

9 replies

Feb 14, 2012 10:17 AM in response to debiedma

Hello

@mac.com does not exist anymore but @me is the new @mac.com

to get it you must sign up for an icloud accoutn using ipod ipad iphone imac or any other apple products but i think you can go to the www.icould.com and you sign in with your apple account i think you will be able to create a @me account

give it a try 🙂

Hope that helps

www.tektalk2day.tumblr.com

Dec 30, 2012 1:23 PM in response to Oliver S.

I added the email address to my Mac Book Pro Mail program by File> Add Account> (presumably the same as going into settings> Mail, Contacts, Calenders> Add Account on an IPad), and filled in the 2 boxes as follows: Where my exsisting icloud mail address was eg abc123@icloud.com, I put abc123@mac.com and used my exsisting password. The computer then set everything up automatically, which has been verified by the email program. The bad news is that when I try to send an email it will not send or recieve, so unfortunatley the other guys may be right. Sorry could'nt be more help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.