Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the payment card you entered is not valid in the United Kingdom

Why can't I change my itunes from US to UK? everytime I enter a valid UK card I get the above error message. It *****.

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2017 3:51 PM

Is this Apple's business to check does my credit card belong to this country or not? I may have credit cards in dfferent countries and I can use them wherever I want. I can buy salt from the market with this credit card in a completely different country but I cannot buy applications from App Store. This is ridiculous.

If it is a bug, just fix it. If it is a kind of a "security" policy, I have to say that: "it is ********!"

154 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2017 3:51 PM in response to tokyodrift

Is this Apple's business to check does my credit card belong to this country or not? I may have credit cards in dfferent countries and I can use them wherever I want. I can buy salt from the market with this credit card in a completely different country but I cannot buy applications from App Store. This is ridiculous.

If it is a bug, just fix it. If it is a kind of a "security" policy, I have to say that: "it is ********!"

Mar 5, 2012 2:37 PM in response to tokyodrift

Hi ...

The issue is that your credit or debit card credentials must be associated with the same country where you reside.

"Although you can browse the iTunes Store in any country without being signed in, you can only purchase content from the iTunes Store for your own country. This is enforced via the billing address associated with your credit card or other payment method that you use with the iTunes Store, rather than your actual geographic location."

From here > The Complete Guide to Using the iTunes Store | iLounge Article

Mar 5, 2012 3:41 PM in response to tokyodrift

Another here, my card is unchanged for over a year registered with Itunes/App Store and purchased games using it just yesterday.

Just attempted to subscribe to Itunes match service and it keeps taking me to the payment card page in Itunes to update my card details, they are all correct but this message keeps coming up.

UK based all my life, never had a foreign account or cards on my account ever...

Oddly I can purchase from my Iphone4 and the iPad with no such issues with cards being declined.

Message was edited by: ChrisRyan

Mar 5, 2012 3:48 PM in response to tokyodrift

***....I just tried to buy a app on my iPhone only to get the following error message saying "The payment Card Is Not Vaild In The United Kingdom. Please provide a valid pay,ment card for the United Kingdom, now i am ike confused to why it si doing this, as I have been using this card for a whileto purchase apps, ok I had my iPhone 4S replaced earlier on today, but there is No reason to why it is doung this, as my computer has re registered the iPhone as it only takes a matter of minutes when you `st plug it in, but I am like out of idea's to why this is happening though?

I am guessing it is a fault with Apple then???

the payment card you entered is not valid in the United Kingdom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.