Previous 1 2 3 Next 97 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2012 5:34 PM by Jason Mcclary
Easybourne Level 1 (110 points)

I just updated to software version 5.0 and now the TV shows in the Computers section are listed non-alphabetically and not even numerically by season. Has anyone else noticed this?

Apple TV (2nd generation)
  • sirius24xbox Level 1 (0 points)

The same thing happened to me. I have no idea how to fix this? Any info would be great, but I think this might require a fix on the softwares side.

• Winston Churchill Level 10 (95,581 points)

Yes, they are listed by date. I think they felt they hadn't made it difficult enough by splitting Shows into series when they changed from the Apple TV 1.

• sirius24xbox Level 1 (0 points)

Yes they 'can' be listed by date, but the option to list it by 'show' is till there. But when that is selected it's still all out of whack.

• Alley_Cat Level 6 (19,190 points)

I'm cynical but it's all moving to the cloud - they couldn't care less anymore about local streaming so won't pay attention to things like this.  They never fixed glaring backward steps in terms of content organisation of streamed content on ATV2 vs ATV1.  They never ported  iTunes LP and Extras which are pointless except on AppleTV.

It'll all be about tweeting what you last watched, viewing your most frequently played/bought on your MugWall, and some AI determining what you ought to rent/buy/watch next.

Argghh........!

Winston Churchill wrote:

Yes, they are listed by date. I think they felt they hadn't made it difficult enough by splitting Shows into series when they changed from the Apple TV 1.

Great minds.....but I'm not amused@!

They are in order of date when viewed by show, they aren't just in any order, it's still wrong and needs fixing.

Winston Churchill wrote:

They are in order of date when viewed by show, they aren't just in any order, it's still wrong and needs fixing.

It's poor isn't it?

I assume it will be fixed, it's just one of those things.

They never fixed the earlier issues - you think this will be?

Apologies, for some reason I'm on edge tonight and my replies are a bit short and terse to everyone

When they split shows into series I was very doubtful it would be changed since that's how it is on other iOS devices. TV shows aren't in their order on other iOS devices AND it's a by show list (as it says at the top), I therefore assume it will be fixed.

Of course we could all suggest they fix the iOS way of doing things!

Improvements across the board.

It would be trivial to implement some options for the sorting.

• J Thombs Level 1 (0 points)

Same here, i think it's related to the itunes update. I have 2 apple tvs (one with the newest update and one with the older level) and now both have the tv shows out of whack (was ok this afternoon).

When sorting by show it used to list in show order and then season order.

At present when sorting by show it lists the series in the order they were added.....so different seasons of the same show are not grouped

Not good.....

• afurnas Level 1 (0 points)

I initially thought maybe they had tied the sorting to the iTune TV Shows playlist, so that the Apple TV would sort shows the same way that iTunes sorted the shows...but after sorting my iTunes TV Shows playlist by show, the ATV still sorts shows in a seemingly random order.

• Steve Grenier Level 1 (10 points)

This is a serious bug and obviously Apple overlooked it. I've filled a radar with Apple regarding it. I recommend you all do the same. Make our voices heard. It might be beneficial to include the problem ID (11006374) for my radar so they know it's connected.

If you're unsure how, visit this link. radar.apple.com

Previous 1 2 3 Next