Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 5.1 - Podcast chapter names missing

After upgrading both my iPhone 4s and iPod Touch 4th gen to iOS 5.1, the music player no longer displays the chapter names in podcasts. Instead, it just displays Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, etc.

I have rebooted both devices and also downloaded new podcasts and same results.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 12:30 PM

25 replies

Mar 9, 2012 10:17 AM in response to Corbism

Same probleme since I upgraded in 5.1 on Iphone 4S. It just displays Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, etc.

In addition, I've problem with a "drop" of sound when my iPhone go in sleep mode (screen of) or when I put it in Sleep mode manualy. When I wake-up my iPhone screen, same problem again "drop of sound during 1 sec). This problem exist only on Podcasts.

On iTunes, no problem with chapters.

Mar 20, 2012 8:12 PM in response to Corbism

ugh!!! the same thing happend with my iphone and podcast. ever since the itunes and ios updates my podcast only list chapter and when i go to the home screen or lock the iphone while playing a podcast it "skips" a beat.

i've tried restoring the iphone, deleting and dl all podcast again...even uinstalled zone alarm as i read in other post this was a cause in previous versions of itunes.

if anyone finds a fix please post asap!

May 26, 2012 4:05 AM in response to Corbism

Rest assured that nothing is wrong with your iphone, ipod touch, or ipad. It's the idiotic IOS updates that are taking away features like grouping music videos by artist, chapter titles, audio titles (for multiple audio streams), and even displaying song lyrics on the new ipad 3. When my audio titles started to disappear (around 3 IOS updates ago), I posted it on the feedback site and called Apple technical support. The technical support people I talked to were totally ignorant and useless. And, obviously, if Apple cared and took the time to read and act on the posts on their feedback site, they would have been aware of the issue and taken steps to restore audio titles and insure chapter titles didn't disappear too like they did in the last update(5.1).

Does anyone have experience with android devices? Is this OS maintained better? Does it have the features we're losing with Apple?

iOS 5.1 - Podcast chapter names missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.