Previous 1 2 3 4 Next 49 Replies Latest reply: May 20, 2013 7:41 AM by Appeltjehehe
hughmass Level 3 (575 points)

I checked the latest update, and now fcpx will import from my sony a65 in 60p, edit it, and then export it as 59.94. If I remember to change the preferences back to optimized rather than proxy, the exported file looks great.

My intel core2duo really needs to edit in proxy, as it stutters a lot.

I love this update.

Hugh

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7), Aperture 3, FCPX, Motion 5
  • Tom Wolsky Level 10 (115,600 points)

It would be great if other people with other cameras that shoot 50p and 60p could test this.

• john spirou Level 1 (0 points)

i confirm this too.

I use Sony A65 and sony nex 5n, and i can import 50p footage now!!!

• mdee Level 2 (250 points)

Thank you! If it wasn't for Post like this I would have never known there was an update available!

• mdee Level 2 (250 points)

I can also confirm that I am now able to do a direct import of my 1080/60p footage (all 307 clips) from my Sony HDR CX700V to FCP X (version 10.0.4) without using Clipwrap first. The difference being the footage is H.264 instead of ProRes 422. Put side by side in the Timeline there is virtually no visual difference.

• Tom Wolsky Level 10 (115,600 points)

CHange your import prefs to optimized if you want ProRes.

• hughmass Level 3 (575 points)

Yeah, it is a little odd that these changes aren't advertised by Apple. I now will be exploring to see what else is changed that we need to discover. Here is a YouTube clip of 60P with a Sony a65, just to see how it all uploads and looks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA6XIqBvSDk

Hugh

• WilliamL Level 3 (590 points)

1080/60p still does not import from a Panasonic HDC-HS900.  1080/60i is ok though.

• Mark Whalen Level 1 (55 points)

Yes, indeed: 1080p60 from my Panasonic TM900 - both from the internal memory and SDHC card. Finally, no more rewrapping!

• WilliamL Level 3 (590 points)

OK, I was able to see a clip that I recored in 1080/60p in Camera Capture mode.  But when I drug the files to my hard drive, and tired to use File Import, I kept getting an error message saying no files were importable.  Why is that?

• Charles Lloyd1 Level 2 (230 points)

I tried with my HDC TM 700 and no luck.  Did you anything different?

CSLloyd

• Ian R. Brown Level 6 (18,615 points)

I can confirm (from PAL territory)  that FCP X 10.0.4 also imports native 1080/50p clips from my Panasonic SD800 with no problems.

• David Dixon Level 1 (40 points)

Same here - Panasonic SD90 - little brother to the 700, 800, 900, etc. 1080/60p imports just great. Two things - I have it convert to ProRes and the file sizes are huge so don't import footage you know you won't need. It copies the files over, and while it coverts to ProRes in the background you can actually already view and work with the clips, but they are VERY stuttery (and I'm on a Mac Pro w/14gb RAM). Once converted they are totally smooth.

And, when you click the Info tab in the Inspector for the clips, they are listed as 1920 x 1080, 59.94 fps, but the codec is listed as H.264, Linear PCM. This is not accurate though - I can tell from the way the clips play and from the file sizes they are truly ProRes.

Overall, thanks Apple for adding this!

• Ian R. Brown Level 6 (18,615 points)

The Info tab in the Inspector always lists files in their original format and not what they have been converted to.

The only way to check the format is to control-click the clip and select Reveal in Finder. You can then see whether it is Original or Transcoded Media.

• Kyn Drake Level 7 (21,545 points)

I can confirm that x900 video is supported at 1080/60p.

Previous 1 2 3 4 Next