Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i attach a file to an email?

iPad 2, iOS 5

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 1:17 AM

54 replies

Apr 24, 2012 4:06 AM in response to Bigdick1

You have to email the attachment from within the app itself - for example you email a photo from the photos app, a Pages document from within the Pages app - and so on. Each app that allows for emailing of the files will have some sort of action icon - an arrow icon many times - or a Share button - that you can tap after selecting the file and that will give you the option to email.

Jun 25, 2012 8:34 AM in response to Vanalich

Finally...there is a better way of doing this..even though not exactly like how we do in computers..

Just down the free app - Phone Drive from app store. This app is more or less what I expected to access my computer but has this additional feature as well. You can imports files from email or computer into this app. Then we can directly select multiple files and send an email at once.

;)

Aug 14, 2012 8:30 AM in response to Discoveror

Hello

I use iPad Mail app and have Lotus notes email system.

Phone Drive app looks ok and you can email multiple docs.

But when I reaceice mail with email, I would like to save it (works), start to edit (works for example quickoffice) but I can't reply with new attachment. This last is standard feature in normal post clients and quite often used when for example commenting docs.

Also ipad mail program should have ability to put new attachments to reply post.

For new mail it works from multiple programs (quickoffice, shareplus, filebrowser, iworks..)

I guess Apple should update mail app with these small enchancements?

Sep 21, 2012 12:46 AM in response to Bigdick1

I stopped using my Ipad for biz purpouses just because this. I just updated it to IO6, and is hard to believe but still not possible to attach 2 files to one mail (at list in a "normal" way). My thought is that Apple doesn't want to canibalize their laptop market.

Mr apple, you won; i bought a laptop, and Im gona keep leaving my iPad is now in my bathroom.

An unhappy customer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.