So while at a gig last night with my band, we ran a video from my computer to screens on stage. The chain looked like so:
MBP -> Mini-DisplayPort -> MDP/HDMI converter -> 4-way HDMI Splitter -> LCD Monitors
Now sometime during takedown, someone just decided to unplug something from my computer without consulting me or taking any proper precautions. Now my audio is stuck on Digital Output (type digital optical out).
Here's what I know, and what I've tried.
There is NO red light coming from my line out. Please don't bother suggesting the micro-switch fix.
I have reset the PRAM/NVRAM
I have killed coreaudio a few times with no luck
I have deleted without progress:
I have restarted my computer
I have attempted to use Audio MIDI Setup
I have googled:
2) macbook pro stuck on digital out audio no red light
3) force resetting to internal audio osx
4) force reset coreaudio osx
6) resetting audio output osx
7) osx audio stuck on digital out
8) osx audio stuck on digital out after hdmi
9) osx audio stuck on hdmi
Now that I've most likely narrowed the issue down, can someone tell me what I HAVEN'T done?