Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing my Apple Support Communities user name

How do I change my Apple Support Communities user name?

Maill.app-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 9:23 AM

30 replies

Jun 7, 2012 9:38 AM in response to rich33thr33

You cannot change your ASC ID. Whether or not you like it, "No," is the answer.

http://www.apple.com/support/feedback/ - Online Support Feedback - "Use this form to tell us how we can improve our resources on apple.com/support or report any problems you experienced finding online support information or using our tools."

As for the other aspect of this question which you actually revealed in your post to the link I provided:

Change AppleID - https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/ then > Manage Your Account

To continue to change it for iTunes:

Select the iTunes store in iTunes.

Click the account name at top right, sign out then sign back in.

Jan 25, 2014 3:20 PM in response to rich33thr33

The excuse that is somehow tied to points , or that those matters is nonsense (Ive gotten advice from nubes,zero points, that saved my bacon ). The hosts can track these names easily through the apple ID they make you use to sign in. It's no big deal and not allowing changes is kind of infantile IMHO. Just like you, the hosts can pull up every post you made. Every single one by the Apple ID alone . Finally , the user name should be aligned with the Apple ID. If you change that name (associated with credit cards charged by apple) there should be no problem aligning it with that name. In fact, it can be discriminatory towards spouses who legally change their name or transgender people who do the same. Starting a new id is ridiculous because you wont be able to associate it with your Apple ID that I know of.

<Edited by Host>

Changing my Apple Support Communities user name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.