User from Belgium here, no problems on Iphone and Ipad, but Itunes on pc is totally not cooperating, throwing meaningful error messages like 4001 and 4010. First day on Itunes Match and the service is already unavailable, not quite up to the Apple standard I've gotten used to lately. I sure hope this turns out to be just a temporary problem.
FWIW user in USA here - this type of thing seems to happen regularly, but Apple never acknowledges it. Their servers will go all verklempt, then will mysteriously start working again later. For the new user, welcome to ITM, where nothing has ever completely worked correctly. Its still not a bad deal, but yeah "it just works?" not really.
Mine had been working for months. Today I noticed all 7,900 songs in my iTunes library said "Waiting" instead of "Matched" like they had been. Trying to update iTunes Match right now... tired several tips in this thread. It's been sitting at "Waiting for Apple to deliver your iTunes Match..." part of Step 1 for a while now.
Guess I'll keep waiting....
I'm having the same issue with no response when updating iTunes Match. Turning it off and then back on has been the only way I had been able to get it to work since I subscribed a couple weeks ago.
Out of curiousity wpwood3, what steps did the phone based tech support have you try?
Another data point... I have Little Snitch installed on my system and when turning iTunes Match on, there is substantial upload activity during the sending the library info to Apple step. Subsequent "updates" don't show any upload activity during that step - almost like it doesn't have authentication. No network activity, but the progress bar is still churning away.... curious.
Well, I have iTunes on my Win7 PC and my Macbook Pro. The PC is my desktop and that's where I actually host my library. Both machines were working great with iTunes Match until last night. I was getting 4010 and 4001 errors on the Macbook last night. Same thing on both machines this morning.
Tech support first had me try some things on the Macbook.
- Turn off iTunes Match and then turn on iTunes Match.
- Hold Option key and Turn off iTunes Match and then turn on iTunes Match.
- Reboot into Safe Mode and then boot normally
- Turn off wireless and connect via wired
- Deauthorize the Macbook in iTunes and then Authorize it
Next we tried some things on the Win7 PC:
- Turn off iTunes Match and then turn on iTunes Match.
- Hold Shift key and Turn off iTunes Match and then turn on iTunes Match.
- Deauthorize the PC in iTunes and then Authorize it
I mentioned to him that several people on the Apple forum seem to be having the same problem. He looked at the forums, saw the posts and said he would put me on hold and discuss with his peers. He came back and said that none of his peers in the support center had received any calls regarding this iTunes Match problem. I seem to be the only one in the universe afflicted with error 4010 I guess.
Finally, he told me to submit an Express Lane case to the iTunes Store Support Team. I did that and am supposed to get a reply within 24 hours. I now have 2 case numbers... One with Apple Support and one with iTunes Store Support.
I can tell ya this - I am not seeing diddly squat come back from the Apple servers.
And most people probably aren't going to complain about this, unless they are trying to add music to the cloud.
It does take time for people to figure out that something is wrong, most of us probably worked on this for hours or maybe days before we came here and found others were running into it too.
That Apple support droid should consider that "absence of evidence is NOT evidence of absence".
Please do come back here after your "Express Lane" case is resolved and let us all know what happened wpwood3, we are all no doubt quite interested in how this goes.
As of right now I did the shift-off/shift-on thing, so doing a complete rematch I guess. I'm in that "crunchy-crunch" first phase (Gathering information) before it uploads.
Wanted to try this for a while anyway, so its ok, and I am never dumb enough to trust the "Cloud" as the only place my music exists - don't ever do that people!! Keep backups!!
iTunes Match just started working again on my Win7 PC. I didn't do anything new...
Just held Shift key and Turned off iTunes Match and then turned on iTunes Match. The same thing I tried many many times earlier today.
It churned for a LONG TIME (less than an hour) and then came back and said all my stuff was in the cloud. Now all of my songs are once again showing "Matched" or "Uploaded".
The Macbook Pro is still throwing 4010 and 4001 errors.
I'm convinced that Apple is the source of this problem. It does not appear to be an issue on my PC or Macbook.
Of course they are. I work with these situations every day and I believe not only is Apple the source of the issue, someone there knows that they are, but if they let Support know it will become a "thing", so they can't - they have to work hard to fix it before it becomes that "thing". We have a saying that applies - "We can fix anything technical, but Lord please deliver us from the politics!"
Here's a bit of additional info that puts (I think) an interesting "twist" on this issue.
Before this last fiasco started, I added an album and started trying to get it into the cloud.
I have gotten past the phase where it looks at my collection, and sends my collection off to Apple, but I never get matched results back.
BUT - I have an iPad connected to the same ITM library, and the new album shows up there... and will play!
So the only part that isn't working is the returning of Matched results to me.
Now in this case I believe it matched the entire album, had that not occurred I suspect I would see the tracks to be uploaded as missing, since I am not getting to the part where they get uploaded.
A bit more grist for the mill.