Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mobile Device USB Driver Missing

My Apple Mobile Device Driver is missing. From where may I dnload it safely?

iPod touch, iOS 4.3.3, Windows Vista

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 10:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2017 6:29 AM

Sometimes the USB driver for the iPhone is corrupt, meaning that iTunes never realizes what is plugged in.

For iTunes 12.5.4/iPhone 6+

• Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
  • Right click the file called "usbaapI64.inf"
  • Choose INSTALL

This should take a few seconds, and then iTunes should come to life and see the phone. At that point, you may have to tell the phone to "trust" the computer again.

108 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2017 6:29 AM in response to piglitlover

Sometimes the USB driver for the iPhone is corrupt, meaning that iTunes never realizes what is plugged in.

For iTunes 12.5.4/iPhone 6+

• Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
  • Right click the file called "usbaapI64.inf"
  • Choose INSTALL

This should take a few seconds, and then iTunes should come to life and see the phone. At that point, you may have to tell the phone to "trust" the computer again.

Jun 23, 2015 3:49 PM in response to piglitlover

For anyone still having this issue, give this a shot:

First, make sure you have iTunes and Apple Mobile Device Support Installed.

1. Go to Device Manager

2. Locate your Apple device (mine was under Portable Devices. It's very possible it's somewhere else for you.)

3. Right click it and select "Update Device Driver."

4. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Devices\Support\Drivers and select that folder

5. Hit next. The driver should install and you'll see "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver" under the "Universal Serial Device USB Driver" section in Device Manager.

I hope I was able to help anybody who is still having this issue.

Feb 11, 2016 12:23 PM in response to piglitlover

This actually works I've just done it,

go to here and get the drivers you need download them to your pc and unzip them in a folder that you can find again i.e. on your desktop

http://www.driverscape.com/download/apple-mobile-device-usb-driver

then control panel / devices and printers - you'll see "unspecified" iphone/ipod/ipad at the bottom of the page

right click this device - properties - then the hardware tab - and choose the properties button bottom right

this opens another box - choose change settings - this opens another box - go to the driver tab

choose update driver box - then browse my computer

now navigate to the folder where you unzipped the drivers - click next

thats them now installed and your devise should now be in itunes 🙂

Took me hours to work this out - please try it - it does work

Thanks

May 29, 2016 9:48 AM in response to Chengtai2

Chengtaiz,

Amazing, this work right away for me! Thanks!! The first time it didn't work but then I went to Program Files (x86) instead of Program Files. You've got to follow directions.

For reference, your directions:

Chengtai2Jun 23, 2015 3:49 PM Re: Apple Mobile Device USB Driver Missing
in response to piglitloverHelpful

For anyone still having this issue, give this a shot:

First, make sure you have iTunes and Apple Mobile Device Support Installed.

1. Go to Device Manager

2. Locate your Apple device (mine was under Portable Devices. It's very possible it's somewhere else for you.)

3. Right click it and select "Update Device Driver."

4. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Devices\Support\Drivers and select that folder

5. Hit next. The driver should install and you'll see "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver" under the "Universal Serial Device USB Driver" section in Device Manager.

Aug 13, 2017 2:55 PM in response to Chengtai2

I had this issue on Windows 10. I did not have a "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple" folder (or in my case since I have Windows 10 x64 "C:\Program Files (x68)\Common Files\Apple". I installed iTunes which gave me the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Devices\Support\Drivers folder. When I tried to update the driver for my iPhone on the PC pointing it to that folder, it told me that I already had the latest driver.

However, the next time I connected the iPhone, the computer gave me the Trust/Don't Trust prompt. Prior to that it was just the iPhone asking me if I should allow the computer to access my photos, there was no trust prompt on the computer.

So if you don't have iTunes installed, it may be as simple as just installing or updating to the latest iTunes.

Jun 28, 2012 10:54 PM in response to Kappy

Done it. Well...until I got to the part where it wanted me to disable USBs that would also disable my keyboard and mouse functions on my laptop. Kinda don't have an extra keyboard or mouse lying around to connect up to. Oh, and it stated earlier to disconnect anything connected to the USBs anyway, so exactly how would I connect them if I can't have anything connected with the USBs? Aaaanyway...I'm just about to rip my hair out.

Jun 28, 2012 11:10 PM in response to Kappy

Oh...OK...they must have meant if you're using a desktop pc. Those articles are so confusing if you're not an expert...lol. Thanks. Guess I'll give it another try. ;O) Oh wait...Yeah...I've done the Stop & Start service thingy for bothe the Apple service and the IPod service to no avail. The article I was referring to was the one about trying to find the missing mobile device USB driver and repairing or reinstalling it. That's the one that's messing me up.

Apple Mobile Device USB Driver Missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.