Previous 1 2 3 Next 74 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2013 5:39 AM by redmusichouse
Darin Simmer Level 1 (145 points)

After upgrading to Mountain Lion my Internet is slowed to a stall using both Safari, Firefox, and Chrome.  I do not get a failed page error, but the progress bar never finishes loading.  I repaired permissions, reset PRAM, and fsck'd.

I posted this using iPad.

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion
  • Darin Simmer Level 1 (145 points)

I also created a new network Location.  No change.

• Darctic Level 1 (0 points)

I have the same issue, my computer connects to the wifi. But it seems that nothing is working, except apps like splashtop. Safari etc will not work, after a while I get the page failure and the not connected message. Tried setting up network all over again ,but that keeps giving errors as well. Do not know what is wrong.

• Darctic Level 1 (0 points)

Should say, i am using a mb pro early 2011

• Hyperpunx Level 1 (0 points)

Its not just the internet. Its slow network access in general. I have been copying a file from another mac over wifi-n (25MB) and it has taken 10 minutes. when they were both on lion, the same copy tool 15 seconds.

This is pretty sad...

• patrickfromapo Level 1 (0 points)

I had the same problem. I went into the network setings and reset my DNS IP address and things have gotten better. Still not a fast as 10.7 but faster than no internet at all

• patrickfromapo Level 1 (0 points)

Open DNS IP addresses on my router and computer seem to make a difference as well

• Kev Mc Level 1 (0 points)

Looks like my kid's iBook has same problem. Wasn't here when she downloaded and installed. Said opened safari and got message from website that flash needed to be upgraded. Removed flash altogether and still no difference. Any help would be appreciated.

turn dictation off, seems to be a tremendous help.

well, scratch that, seemed to work for 1 reboot.

• Pedromperez Level 1 (0 points)

I have the same issue, no fix yet.

• DanPeters Level 1 (0 points)

I too am experiencing a ZERO experience on the internet - doesn't matter the browser. Safari acts like Pre-Dial-up. What was it we were supposed to be able to do new with this update? This is a retrograde.

Dan

• Darin Simmer Level 1 (145 points)

Create a new Network Location (System Preferences:Network:Location (pull down menu):Edit Locations- and then Add a new location.  Do not rename or Duplicate.

It made the difference for me.  I did not restart, but I do suggest some sort of disconnection from the WiFi.  (I forced my MBAir to sleep.)

Best of luck!

• David A. Gatwood Level 3 (580 points)

For everyone posting in this thread, please provide the following information:

1.  The model of Mac and the amount of RAM in it.

2.  Whether you are connecting over built-in Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or something else.

3.  The model of Wi-Fi access point you are using, if any.

4.  The model of (Ethernet) router you are using, if known.

5.  The name of your ISP.

6.  The city you are in (since ISP configurations can vary from region to region).

7.  If you're using an Apple Wi-Fi access point (Airport Base Station), please note what firmware version.

If your problems seem to be specific to web browsing, also try a different browser (Firefox, Chrome, etc.) and see if the problem goes away.  This will help sort out browser performance problems from lower-level networking problems.

• Pedromperez Level 1 (0 points)

- Macbook Pro 15 Early 2011.

- 4GB RAM.

- Not working Wi-Fi nor Ethernet.

- WiFi router D-Link DIR-615.

- Safari and Chrome.

My ipad and iphone have no problems with the network.

Previous 1 2 3 Next