Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot get mail the connection to the server failed

cannot get mail the connection to the server failed

iPod touch, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 10:43 AM

149 replies

Jan 29, 2017 2:36 PM in response to John 32

i had this problem till just now. the problem is yahoo updated its securety and less secure app like the ios mail app need permission if you have recently been notified by yahoo to change your password. heres is what you do:

1. log into your yahoo acct.

2. mouse over your name plate when the pop up menu appears click "account info"
3. on the account info page click on the account security tab.
4. scroll down to see "Allow apps that use less secure sign in" option and turn it on it should change blue.
5. go ahead into the ios mail app or into mail setting and add your accounts if you have deleted them and log in like normal. you should be all set.

this has solved my issue on my Iphone4

Sep 20, 2012 12:44 PM in response to John 32

After the upgrade to IOS6 , my corportarte email failed over the iPhone to get emails usong IMAP.

It says that the server is not responding, but , the iPad with IOS5 is working with the same account settings.?

I have been modifing the email confoguration during the last hour, i also turned it off , and nothing change, it is not working. 😟 😟

Sep 20, 2012 1:00 PM in response to John 32

I played around a bit and got it working. For anyone else that is having this issue, here is how I solved it (for Exchange at least. I didn't have trouble with Gmail)

Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Exchange -> Exchange (under Accounts) -> Account (under Exchange) -> clicked at end of username field -> Done (on account screen) -> Done (on Exchange screen)

So basically I changed nothing but I think this somehow re-associated the account with the iPad by hitting done. Would love some more insight into why this worked, but it worked.

Sep 24, 2012 8:36 AM in response to kmur27241

Also failed for me the first time. I tried various other things in various posts and still my gmail didn't work, though another account did. I deleted my gmail account for a second time, re-added it, and this time it worked. Only thing different this time was that I'm on a faster wireless network, no idea if that's why it worked.

Cannot get mail the connection to the server failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.