Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 Not Working With ATT Microcell

This morning I received my new iPhone 5. I have an iPhone 4S and it was working fine this morning and showing the M-Cell symbol in the upper left of the iPhone 4S before I uathenticated my iPhone 5. The authentication with AT&T of my iPhone 5 went perfectly and I have phone service and all is working fine EXCEPT I no longer have the AT&T Microcell showing in the upper left of my iPhone 5, and I have a weak cell signal (as expected) indoors at my location wiith the iPhone 5.

Has anyone who has an AT&T iPhone 5 suceeded in getting their AT&T Microcell to be recognized by thier iPhone 5? If so, did you do anything special? My AT&T Micro-cell is showing all green lights on the front so there is no problem there.

Tom

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.4), 768 GB, 16 GB RAM, 2.7 GHz

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 9:29 AM

87 replies

Sep 21, 2012 4:31 PM in response to TomWheel

You log into your account, manage devices on the AT&T website, find your microcell, deactivate it then you will have to put in all the details again to reactivate it, your address, microcell serial number ect, primary phone number and after that it starts the reactivation sequence and software upgrade which takes around an hour, then you get a text message to say it's been done then you toggle aircraft mode on and off and your phone should see the microcell again like your old iphone did.

iPhone 5 Not Working With ATT Microcell

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.