Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow keyboard in iOS 6/iPhone5?

Been playing with my new 32 GB black/slate iPhone 5 (AT&T) and have noticed the keyboard is....terrible. It's incredibly slow - i consider myself a fast typer. I confirmed with my wife's iPhone 4S still on iOS 5.1.1 that it was in fact something new on either the version of iOS 6 the iPhone 5 is running out of the gate or some weird hardware thing (doubtful it's the latter).

Quite simply, typing anything at any worthwhile speed system wide takes a solid ~25% longer as keys are constantly missed. Anyone else noticing this?

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 10:48 AM

23 replies

Sep 21, 2012 11:36 AM in response to thegadgeteur

Man mine has went crazy. It stared out by not registering key presses and then it just locked up. I rebooted the phone and then it went crazy and started opening files, calling numbers, and doing all kinds of crazy stuff. It went on for about 5 mins before I just turned it off and now I am restoring the phone hoping that fixes the problem. Like you said, ***** having to restore the device on the first day....and I hope this works!

Slow keyboard in iOS 6/iPhone5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.