Previous 1 2 3 Next 44 Replies Latest reply: Nov 4, 2014 11:10 AM by mrobbie79
bwcw Level 1 (0 points)

Hi.  Just got my new iPhone 5 with 64 GB and I noticed that whenever I take a falsh phot, the photo is very dark to almost black.  The LED flash is working. Has anyone noticed this today?  Could it be software or hardware problem?  Pictures without the flash seems OK.

• bayhuntr Level 1 (0 points)

Picked up 64 GB this morning, same thing.  Seems to fire the flash a moment too early. The subject is well lighted in the view finder just before you hear the shutter and the LED turns off.  Defiantly an issue, flash pictures are useless.

• Angrego Level 1 (0 points)

I had this exact problem as well, on the 16GB. I called tech support and emailed them examples of good pictures with no flash & the blacked out ones with flash. After some trouble shooting, he had me do a full system restore from iTunes and set the phone up as new. This has completely solved the problem and now I can take great pictures with or without flash. Hope this helps!

• Robstar1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have a 64GB and exactly the same problem! How do we fix it?

• Redwings1390 Level 1 (0 points)

Had same issue and just turned phone off and back on and is now working with the flash. Hope it fixes your issue as well.

• Robstar1 Level 1 (0 points)

Yes, I did the same last night and my flash now works! All I needed to do was turn my phone off and on. Phew!

• Hamfam24 Level 1 (0 points)

It comes back. There needs to be a true fix, then rebooting everytime you want flash in a picture.

• bayhuntr Level 1 (0 points)

The original "fix" was to reload factory, then load your back up, not just turn the phone off and on or boot it. I reloaded three days ago, so far the problem hasn't come back. If it does, I will report it.

• diablovista Level 1 (0 points)

I had this issue for 3 days, flash would only work for a couple of hours.  Then stop working.  Rebooting fixed it but only temporarily.  However, it seems to have fixed itself after I let the phone run out of battery for the first time.  I recharged it and it has been working all

Day.  I think it was capacitance charge related.  Went away with a full discharge. 

• markrich5000 Level 1 (0 points)

Not sure if this is the same issue but my iphone 5 kept taking really blurry/smoky looking photos when the flash was used. It turns out it was because I hadn't taken the clear protective film off the back of the phone so the flash was blurring on the film!! Hope this helps

• spacecadetG5 Level 1 (5 points)

Same problem here for me with a 64GB black iPhone 5. Restart fixes it but it's a temporary fix. 

• polaris20 Level 1 (15 points)

Same problem here. I suppose it's logical, but it's worth mentioning it happens in Camera+ as well. Truely a bummer, because wow, is this ever the best camera phone yet!! Hopefully it's just a software fix that Apple can take care of. I'd think if it were a hardware issue, it wouldn't work at all. But I'm no expert.          

• volkanfurkan Level 1 (0 points)

I also have the same problem with my iPhone 5 32GB. I hope and think it's a software issue and will be fixed with the next update. And I'm sure these messages have reached Apple by now and they are working on a solution.

• reilleux Level 1 (0 points)

I have the same issue , honestly I so upset by iPhone 5 apple need to fix too much stuffs I hope it's software problem otherwise they can lose too many old and future users

• reilleux Level 1 (0 points)

Does The full restore really help u to have normal flesh photo?

Previous 1 2 3 Next