Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to import AVCHD to Final Cut Express 4.0.1?

I updated my Final Cut Express 4.0 to the newest version 4.0.1. The only thing in the update description was that it would now accept AVCHD files. I tried importing some .mts files from my Canon Vixia HF20, straight from the memory card. I have to select the "All Files" option before I can even select the files, and then I get the "file not recognized" message. I also tried Log & Transfer thing, but it goes for about 30 seconds and then quits. I have been using the MacX AVCHD File Converter to convert AVCHD files but it screws up the audio and now FCE says it will accept AVCHD files.

Please help!

Thanks,

Adam

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 2:04 PM

6 replies

Sep 29, 2012 5:53 PM in response to Adamb14113

FCE 4.0.1 will Log and Transfer standard AVCHD footage.

If the recorded footage is p (Progressive) it won't work.

Set the camera to record in i (interlaced ) and try again.

Sometimes mixed media on the memory/card can prevent transfer so make sure you test with one type of footage.

If the above does not help provide details of the footage, eg. frame rate, dimension, type.

Also the FCE Sequence Properties in current use.

Al

Oct 9, 2012 8:58 AM in response to Adamb14113

Are you doing File > Import or are you doing Log & Transfer? File > Import will not work with .mts files.

If you are trying to ingest AVCHD footage directly from a memory card (either via the camcorder or a card reader) you need to use Log & Transfer.

If you only have 'bare' .mts files, FCE cannot import them (the entire AVCHD folder structure needs to be available for FCE to Log & Transfer the video). You would need Clipwrap or similar software to convert the .mts files to QuickTime/Apple Intermediate Codec before importing into FCE.

Note also, that the only progressive mode that FCE works with is 720p, and it does not work with 24fps video at all.

How to import AVCHD to Final Cut Express 4.0.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.