Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I lodge a complaint against Apple Support?

I've been a VERY satisfied Apple consumer for decades at this point. One of the things that's always kept me coming back has been the phenomenal Customer Support. That said, in the last week I have had some of the most terrible experiences with both an Apple Retail Store and the phone support I've ever had with a computer company. I'm generally frustrated with the situation I'm in, but that's neither here no there and I can cope with it and move on. What I'd like to do is file a complaint with the company for its own benefit so that heopefully this is a fluke and doesn't happen to someone that doesn't have such a good experience with the company. Had I not worked with Apple for so long I'm pretty sure I'd never buy another product after the terrible support I've gotten in the last week. Does anyone know a channel to pass along dissatisfaction with our experiences with customer support, etc.? Unfortunately the days of email Steve have passed.

PS - I tried to find the best community to post this. Forgive the location, please.

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 12:50 PM

75 replies

May 7, 2017 12:20 PM in response to Marta okay

If you read his post he was not a happy customer when he posted this 5 years ago.

Where you complain would depend on what your complaint is. Wish Apple would make some type of hardware? Send it here: https://www.apple.com/feedback/

Have a problem with a Genius Bar employee? Contact the service manager at the store.

You can also call AppleCare if it is a service issue and ask to be transferred to Customer Service.

Nov 8, 2017 3:20 PM in response to sanalkumar.tl

sanalkumar.tl wrote:

So may I know how can I express my concerns. ??

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 at 2:06 AM, Apple Support Communities Updates <

Apple Retail Store issues go through the Store Manager - in person is best, I'd think.

Apple removed the ability to leave feedback about Support a while ago.

Though no Apple statement on the issue, I am thinking that the support staff may be reporting to the "product department"

If that is true (or not), you can leave any comment that you like via the product that was the subject of your call at Product Feedback - Apple

May 1, 2017 6:38 AM in response to polakbob

Dear Apple,
I have been your loyal customer for over 15 years. Over the years I have owned multiple IPhones and currently in our household we have 5 apple products: 2 MacBook Air; 2 IPhones and an IPad. My recent experience with Apple's customer service has led me to a decision to Boycott all Apple Products. I will no longer buy anything from your company!
It is my hope that you consider email and really think about the way your company operations have been running. Here's my story- I bought my MacBook Air last July with complete Apple care and on April 12th my computer fell and broke in two pieces. My husband brought the computer to the store and they said that it will cost around $700 to fix the computer. He brought the computer back home and I decided to call Apple support to see if they are able to help me. After being on the phone for an hour and a half with a representative on the phone, he asked me to provide him with serial numbers of all the Apple devices we own. I gave all information and then he said, I'm sorry I can't help you, but if you call again maybe someone else can help and make an exception for you. I was shocked, I didn't ask for an exception, I asked if my computer can be fixed. He further went on to transfer me to Apple Care Division where a nice representative was willing to refund full amount of Apple care that I paid. I told her I appreciate the gesture but I am still stuck with a broken computer. She understood and transferred me to another department. This is where a representative promised to help. He asked me to take pictures of my computer and email it to him so he can forward to the engineering department. He promised to have an answer by Wednesday April 19th. After multiple calls and emails he kept saying there's an issue, he wasn't able to escalate pictures. Finally he calls me on April 25th to tell me to bring the computer to the store and if the cost of the repair is within "economical repair" then they can fix my computer. I asked what does "economical repair" mean? He clarified" if the cost of fixing the computer is lower than what I paid for the computer when I bought it" Apple can fix it at no cost to me. However if it is over the cost, then they cannot help me. He also said that I just need to drop the computer at Apple Store and they will send the computer to "depot" to have it fixed. He kept promising me that they will try their best to help me. Finally my husband and I went to Apple Store on April 28th. The rep looked through the notes and he said there's no where in the notation that it states they can fix my computer. He said I would have to pay $755 to have them send the computer out to Depot. I asked if I can look through the notes and I was beyond livid when I saw what was written about me. Each comment and remark was about me begging them to make an exception on the repair/replacement. Furthermore, each comment stated "not to help the customer" and to "direct her to Apple Store". This company is a joke! The representatives kept stringing me along with no resolution. I called the rep from the store and asked him to clarify the misunderstanding. I also asked to have the recorded version of our conversation so we know that he was straight out lying! Despite all this debacle, he called me twice and still kept giving me hope that my computer could be fixed. He never once mentioned that I would have to pay for the repair. It was never explained to me that a broken computer is not covered under Apple care. It is a huge facade! The store employees lie to your face. I asked to speak to a manager and he brought his coworker who pretended to be a manager and offered no help, no resolution.
I left the store with my broken computer and really foul taste about Apple. I will never buy a single Apple product again and if I can help it, I will make sure my friends and family follow suit. There's no service provided by Apple service and there is no way the company cares about keeping its customers.
Disappointed in Apple for Life!

May 1, 2017 12:34 PM in response to Free2017

Before you move on to Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc. let me warn you in advance that if you drop your computer and break it they will tell you the exact same thing. Also, if you have an accident with your car and take it to the dealership and ask for it to be fixed under the warranty they will not do so. Warranties do not cover accidental damage just as a theft of your computer would not have been covered. I would never have considered asking for a computer that I broke be covered by warranty.

What I would suggest to you is when you buy your next laptop from what ever company (I would strongly encourage you to consider Lenovo over the other brands I mentioned) that you contact your insurance agent that handles your homeowners/renters insurance and add a personal property item to your policy that covers your laptop. If you had done this the policy would have paid for the repair/replacement of your laptop. While you are adding your new laptop also add the other MacBook Air you currently own.

May 7, 2017 2:44 PM in response to babowa

Hi Babowa

Sorry I wasn't aware of your status. I thought you were acting officially on behalf of Apple. The reason I believed this was because apart from Apple Support. They Apple always pointed in your direction. I have tried most of the suggestions you made. I am beginning to wonder if living in Australia one receives less support. Thanks

May 7, 2017 5:45 PM in response to Marta okay

No problem - just so you know: we are all other users and volunteer our time to help. Apple support does not become involved here. Apple support will direct you to these forums if they think your questions can be answered here.

So, I will suggest that you start a new thread in the appropriate forum and detail your question/problem - make sure you post all details incl. your model/year device and OS version.

How do I lodge a complaint against Apple Support?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.