1 76 77 78 79 80 Previous Next 1,216 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2013 8:17 PM by Meg St._Clair Go to original post
  • 1,155. Re: RIP, iPad 3
    Sergio Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

    Guys, why are you still trying to reason with person, whose nickname speak for itself?

    He just can't be objective because of "his Mac ate his PC". And I guess, not only PC, but something else too. That's it.

    So, stop to feed the troll. Or these debates will be endless.

     

    I must to disable the notifications of this thread, because my inbox is full of these pointless dispute.

    So long!

  • 1,156. Re: RIP, iPad 3
    MyMac8MyPC Level 4 Level 4 (1,440 points)

    Sergio wrote:

     

    So, stop to feed the troll. Or these debates will be endless.

    Considering that this is a technical forum, that would make people like you the troll. But facts aside, I agree, please stop whining, so this thread can sink to where it rightfully should be. Surly you can't show any evidence that Apple did anything wrong, so follow your own advice and stop posting your whiny nonsense, so that the rest of us can attend those who truly need help with their products. Thank you for finally admitting that your whining was pointless. Its been real. Don't let the door hit you on the way out

  • 1,157. Re: RIP, iPad 3
    Iamawesome997 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    How about we all just act like the mature adults we are (assuming we're all adults...) and discuss this in a calm, orderly fashion. This is sort of like turning into a debate and things will get rough if this were to continue, so please, let's just stop... Please?

  • 1,158. Re: RIP, iPad 3
    mylesd Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Thanks Sergio.  Don't expect change. MyMac8MyPC is endorsed by the Apple team. I am sure his mission is to attack you, dismantle your question, and call you stupid. So, mind your tongue. Thanks Apple. 

     

    Ok, now my technical question.

     

    When I use my VPN, will this drain my battery on my iPhone and iPAD faster?

  • 1,159. Re: RIP, iPad 3
    mylesd Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Also, to all of you ID'd whiners, check out LinkedIn. There are lots of Apple groups that cover professionals and the use of the products.  It's a much better forum to express your concerns, frustrations and technical questions.  It's not controlled by Apple, and MyMac8MyPC.  It's a place for professionals, and not disrespectful people.

     

    My technical question:

     

    Sometimes my touch screen on my iPAD will close for no reason regardless of the app I am in with no reason.  Why?  I have the iPAD, (New iPAD, iPAD3)

  • 1,160. Re: RIP, iPad 3
    MyMac8MyPC Level 4 Level 4 (1,440 points)

    mylesd wrote:

     

    Sometimes my touch screen on my iPAD will close for no reason regardless of the app I am in with no reason.  Why?

    Start here;

     

    http://www.apple.com/support/ipad/assistant/ipad/

  • 1,161. Re: RIP, iPad 3
    MyMac8MyPC Level 4 Level 4 (1,440 points)

    mylesd wrote:

     

    When I use my VPN, will this drain my battery on my iPhone and iPAD faster?

    Using the VPN feature will cause your battery to drain faster than normal, but not for the reason you may think. VPN uses Wi-Fi and cellular data networks and anything that uses Wi-Fi or cellular data networks will of course place a drain on your battery.

  • 1,162. Re: RIP, iPad 3
    NomusaMagic Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

    Why thank you!!!! {{HUG}}

  • 1,163. Re: RIP, iPad 3
    NomusaMagic Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

    My Dearest MyMac8 ... You AGAIN REPEATED ... Just because "you see" something as a injustice, doesn't mean there is a injustice. Our jails are full of people who once had that same mindset. So what, precisely, did Apple supposedly do that was so wrong? It has been explained several times already that before you used your Apple product that you agreed to certain terms of use.

     

    To STRETCHHHHHHHHHH your fallacious  "jails are full of ... " comment even further -- When you check into a hospital, have surgery or otherwise receive health care services, you ALSO sign your acceptance of "the terms". I'm going to step out onto a limb and do as you did earlier and assign MY view OF you TO you, as "TRUTH". I am fairly confident that as result of you signing their "terms", if they amputated YOUR wrong leg, gave YOU HIV tainted blood, or left YOU lying for hours in your own waste .... YOU would simply move on, get over it, quit whining, not feel outraged or entitled BECAUSE you signed the terms of agreement and as you say, "they're a business and don't owe you anything"!

     

    I'm anticipating your "stupid analogy" rebuttal but that's cool tool!

  • 1,164. Re: RIP, iPad 3
    NomusaMagic Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

    Good morning Mylesd ... I'm a nurse so I completely GET your point. Your desire for latest and greatest is strictly utilitarian and not ... as some here have suggested ... so u can impress strangers at coffee shops. For me, I'm way too old for that nonsense. My ipad 3 is only my 2nd Apple purchase since I spent about $3000 (yes, they were that expensive back then) on an Apple IIC and related color printer for my daughter in mid 1980s.

     

    Something else you said is confounding to me because, like u, I'm new to this community though years old in the Android communities. You said, " ... It was pointed out to me that I'm a Level 1 person on this site and have no credibility. Well if that's the way Apple wants it, great, maybe it's time to move away from Apple products altogether ... "

     

    When I called Apple Support, as I posted waaaaay back in beginning days of this discussion, the 2 people I spoke with said they have NO interaction with THE SUPPORT COMMUNITY at all. It's supposedly just users helping other users. That said, you have as much a right to fully participate and be respected here as anyone else; Level 1 or 9999999. I would suggest you ignore any self-annointeds who say otherwise. The only "price of admission" I'm aware of has already been paid .... when u bought your Apple device. Please feel free to ignore the kindergarteners who seem to love impressing the "teacher", by denigrating the rest of the "students".

  • 1,165. Re: RIP, iPad 3
    NomusaMagic Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

    Mysled ... I have similar closing or freezing issues with my ipad 3, as well, but 99% of the time it's when using the Google app which I have deleted and reinstalled a number of times. The rest of the time it's when using the email function where I can't type, close, move and have to shut down ... which always corrects it ... but is annoying.

     

    My last issue is that I have a zaggfolio with keyboard but the weight is cumbersome so I rarely use it. What it DOES have, that I wish the virtual keyboard would have ... Are DIRECTIONAL KEYS. I'm not the most proficient typer and sometimes it's virtually impossible to position cursor between two words or get back to a typo'd section to make corrections.

  • 1,166. Re: RIP, iPad 3
    MyMac8MyPC Level 4 Level 4 (1,440 points)

    NomusaMagic wrote:

     

    if they amputated YOUR wrong leg, gave YOU HIV tainted blood, or left YOU lying for hours in your own waste .... YOU would simply move on, get over it, quit whining, not feel outraged or entitled BECAUSE you signed the terms of agreement and as you say, "they're a business and don't owe you anything"

    My dearest NomusaMagic, what you described is medical malpractice. It’s clear that you don’t have the ability to comprehend that medical malpractice is negligence in which the treatment provided falls below the accepted standard. It is also civilly illegal, which is why it’s a tort. There is also the whole Hippocratic Oath thing, which apparently you sadly don’t have a clue about, but it basically states that you’re supposed to first do no harm. There is a good book about it entitled “The Hippocratic Oath and the Ethics of Medicine” by Steven H Miles. You might want to pick up a copy and read it so that you can fully understand the differences that I’m about to explain to you. The fact that anyone would have to explain any of these basic things to you (who is supposedly a nurse) is just one more example of why our health care system in this country is so abysmal, but I digress

     

    Now, follow along VERY slowly NomusaMagic, so that you don’t get confused and/or lost. Apple was not negligent in any manner or form. Apple did not do anything illegal. Apple did not commit any kind of malpractice. In fact, Apple did just the OPPOSITE, they held to the standard of their terms of service to the word. We both know this is all true or you would be talking to some attorney about this instead of whining here on a Internet technical support forum. I made it very simple for you to learn these basic facts, but if any of this is still confusing to you, then simply start reading again from the last paragraph. Have a nice day NomusaMagic.

  • 1,167. Re: RIP, iPad 3
    MyMac8MyPC Level 4 Level 4 (1,440 points)

    NomusaMagic wrote:

     

    What it DOES have, that I wish the virtual keyboard would have ... Are DIRECTIONAL KEYS

    Since this never occurred to you, here is an explanation. Your iPad has the latest technology with what is called a "touch screen". A touchscreen is an electronic visual display that can detect the presence of a touch within the display area. The term generally refers to touching the display of the device (in this case the iPad) with your finger. You can also buy a stylus to use for this purpose which is sometimes easier. To replace the arrow or 'directional' keys, simply touch the screen where you want to place the cursor. In other words, you can position the cursor wherever you want with a touch of your finger/stylus. Amazing.

  • 1,168. Re: RIP, iPad 3
    MyMac8MyPC Level 4 Level 4 (1,440 points)

    NomusaMagic wrote:

     

    It's supposedly just users helping other users.

    Ahhh.... those were the days.....

     

     


    NomusaMagic wrote:

     

    That said, you have as much a right to fully participate and be respected here as anyone else

    Perhaps the word "technical" is confusing you. If you came here looking for technical help, or to provide technical help, then yes, you are welcomed and have just as much right to participate. This is not a soapbox area however, and you'll find no one here respecting your actions to turn this technical support forum into your own personal soapbox. Doing so in fact violates this forums terms of use. Hope that clearifies everything for you. If not, simply read it again.

     


     

  • 1,169. Re: RIP, iPad 3
    NomusaMagic Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

    Thanks for stating the obvious. Not one micrometer of new or useful info here. 100% of your sarcastic response, I already know.

1 76 77 78 79 80 Previous Next