Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I access iCloud on my iPad?

Every time I try to get onto the cloud on my iPad 2, it tells me to set up an account--I already have one. I use the cloud every Amy on my computer!

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 4:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 4:05 PM

Are you signed into your iCloud? Even when it asks you to set up an account there should be a space where it says log-in. Go to Settings > iCloud and enter your apple ID and password and it should sign you right in.

49 replies

Nov 27, 2012 8:53 PM in response to Rebecca Jallings

Hi Rebecca,

Basically, you cannot get into iCloud.com via any of your i-devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.). But I am curious, what is it you are wanting to do on the iCloud.com site via your devices? I mean, all of the options on iCloud.com are apps on your i-device. So not sure why you are trying to sign on to the .com site on your iPad?

Cheers,

GB

Nov 27, 2012 9:14 PM in response to gail from maine

I know it sounds odd. But I needed to get at an email I send to someone from work, where I have to use the cloud to get to my mac mail account, and it wasn't showing up on my home mac mail account. So I figured if I went through the cloud maybe I could get to it.

Clearly ain't going to happen. (But I did manage to reach the person I sent it to so it got to where it had to go....)

Thanks!

Mar 25, 2013 11:03 AM in response to Rebecca Jallings

I have this same problem. Yes - I automatically get everything, but I cannot see my mailboxes where I have stored important emails. If I want to go online to access my account, all I get is the set up page! I am leaving the country for 5 months, and my macbook is staying home with my husband. The convoluted way I will have to access stored emails is mind-boggling!

Mar 31, 2013 10:09 AM in response to Rebecca Jallings

Since my post earlier today I have found a way to access iCloud on the iPad. I started trying alternate browsers. The Mercury browser (available in app store) did the trick. Open Mercury. To the right of the search bar, there is a drop-down menu - choose user agent, then Safari (Mac OSX). I opened a new tab, went to iCloud.com, and was able to access my account - and create a new group in my contacts! I hope this helps!

Jul 19, 2013 4:32 AM in response to Rebecca Jallings

No need for obscure browsers: download Google Chrome.

Head over the www.icloud.com

When you get the screen asking you to set up iCloud (like you do now) simply go up to the upper right corner of the screen, tap the three horizontal line icon for the drop down box, then select "Request Desktop version of page".

Chrome will load the normal iCloud login page you were expecting.

Everything works fine from that point.

Good luck!

CharlesJR

Jul 30, 2013 2:37 AM in response to CharlesJR

((Use your laptop or computer to access www.icloud.com. It doesn't work with iPad.))

Great... why doesn't the iPad just plain say:

"iCould is enabled...access your files directly by each iCloud supported application: Notes, Reminders, Email (etc.)"

Is it not obvious to Apple's masters of Interface design that "Setup iCloud Account" means it's not setup? and that I should set it up? ... over and over and over until out of frustration one searches for a solutiona and finds a complete thread here about it?????

Why can't I access iCloud on my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.