Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How am I goin to delete my old apple Id account? I created new account and I wanted to delete my old account and use the new one. Every time I tried to updates all,the applications the old account is popping up and I can't access it.

How can I delete my old apple I'd? Because I created new apple I'd every time I tried to updates all my application the old apple I'd is popping up.. Don't know the password in it and I don't have anymore access on the email add. I wanted to delete it and use the new apple I'd that I created. Having trouble to updates all the applications. Can someone help me please. I would appreciate it. Thank you

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 6:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2018 4:19 AM

Hi I forgot my password for old ID and tried contacting you for recovery i missed calls an finally gave up however I have new iPad and would like to retrieve my contacts etc onto new IPAd and delete old account can you help please

191 replies

Nov 22, 2017 10:57 AM in response to ratcheer

Wipe, the MacBook Pro, reinstall the OS, and then reinstall the Apps and you will not have any issues.

The previous owner should have wiped it according the following support document, so you could set it up as new for yourself.

If they failed to do so, you should do it yourself.

Step 6 is the important one now.

What to do before you sell or give away your Mac - Apple Support

Jun 21, 2018 7:23 AM in response to Lmgatlin1943

Disabling an Apple ID will in fact cause a lot of problems. Not least of which will be that all associated apps will no longer be updatable since they remain tied to the original Apple ID and can never be transferred.

If you delete the Apple ID all apps will cease to be tied to the Apple ID and as such you'll very likely lose access to them or they will stop working.

The best thing to do, if you are having issues with a particular email account associated with an Apple ID, is to just change the email account for the Apple ID, instead of disabling the Apple ID completely.

That way you can keep access to your Apps, and other purchased content.

Follow the steps here to change the associated email address for your Apple ID: Change the email address you use as your Apple ID - Apple Support

The browser message is just a scam, and is unlikely to be tied to any Apple ID issues you may have.

Jul 15, 2018 6:57 AM in response to Itsrossy

Itsrossy wrote:

Yes me too how to delete my old apple ID?

Had you bothered to read even just the previous single page of posts you’d already have the answer to your question. See:

Legal - Privacy Policy - Apple and scroll down to the section “Access to Personal Information”

Note that deleting an AppleID deletes all purchases associated with it. All apps, songs, movies, eBook etc purchased under the AppleID will need to be purchased again with your new AppleID. All iCloud data associated with the deleted AppleID will also be lost unless archived somewhere else.

Oct 23, 2018 8:39 AM in response to Robertsonmillar

The Apple ID did not get there on its own. You had to log in there at some point, or someone that used the computer logged in to it at some point.

Apple cannot wave a magic wand, and remove Apple IDs simply because you forgot their related password.

The Apple ID had to come from somewhere. Someone had to physically log in to it.

As I said, you will need to wipe the Mac to remove it. Or figure out where it came from and recover its password.

If you go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid you type in the offending Apple ID, and see if you can recover its password.

Outside of that, you will need to wipe the Mac clean to remove it. That is the only way to remove it.

Mar 6, 2019 6:09 AM in response to garvansh

Please change my account in new one

This is a user-to-user technical support forum. We cannot change anything. We have no idea who you are, or what your old account was, or what your new account was.

Furthermore, Apple does not move information from old accounts to new accounts. It was a big mistake to create a new account, because everything purchased or downloaded with the old account is now lost to you. The correct procedure would have been to change your Apple ID on the old account to a different email address, which would have preserved your purchases and settings. You can probably still do that. See this link-->Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Apr 19, 2019 8:05 AM in response to tyler from fort lauderdale

It is not a problem with the phone. It is a problem with how you use it. There is never a reason to create a new Apple ID; you can just change the email address associated with your account (Apple ID: Changing your Apple ID). Your purchases are tied to your account, not to your device. For a more detailed explanation try reading the post right above yours from Phil0124.

Sep 4, 2019 8:57 AM in response to sinethemba144

You cannot change an Apple ID that uses an icloud email account as its name to a 3rd party email address.

Details here: Change the email address you use as your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you use an @icloud.com, @mac.com, or @me.com email address as your Apple ID, you can’t change it to a third party email address. But, you can change it to an alias of your Apple ID address. For example, if j.appleseed@icloud.com is your Apple ID and you also have j.appleseed@me.com on file in your account, you can change your Apple ID to j.appleseed@me.com. When you change your email address, the Apple ID that people see when they share with you also changes.

Jan 12, 2020 1:50 PM in response to EarthLover_11-11

EarthLover_11-11 wrote:

So Michael Black by your logic a company that purchases third-party software would also have to pay for those licenses again if they changed their name. The issue with the Apple ID format being an email address where it should be a UserID that has the flexibility to update the user name when it changes is the problem. The email address dependency by Apple is so 1995 it's pathetic! Open source is the way of future because big business and their rigidity and proprietary systems makes everything so difficult and only suits their needs while not addressing the needs of the users that have supported them. Time to transform into a new paradigm.

I have had the same AppleID for two decades. I have changed the primary email address for that AppleID 3 times in that time. It is trivially simply to change the primary email address used as your AppleID.

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

And companies and education institutes would be buying with Apple’s bulk purchase accounts, which in turn can be readily edited by whomever administrates that to reflect changes in company name, assigned admin, etc.

Mar 27, 2020 12:51 PM in response to leroy143

All purchases of music, videos and apps are tied to an Apple ID forever. If you delete the Apple ID you will have to repurchase any content obtained using that ID. That’s why Apple recommends never disabling an Apple ID, and why they give you an easy way to change the email address associated with that ID.

To disable the ID just don’t use it. If you really want to delete it permanently see this Apple support article—>How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

Apr 3, 2019 3:16 PM in response to nckrista

I agree. Apple needs to solve this problem. As much as this system costs, I shouldn’t have to do anything myself.

All this started when they began adding email extensions way back. With the old systems it still worked, but now it’s causing issues. I don’t have as much control over my ID as I used to either. In the beginning, we could delete our ID’s ourselves.

• Apple - either fix this problem, or give us back our control.

How am I goin to delete my old apple Id account? I created new account and I wanted to delete my old account and use the new one. Every time I tried to updates all,the applications the old account is popping up and I can't access it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.