Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FedEx delivery nightmare!

ugh! Sorry, this is more of a rant and 'how the heck did this happen to me?' post.

So I placed my order for the 17" on may 1. May 8 is says it shipped. To be delivered to me on May 11. I keep checking the tracking and this morning it said it was on the truck for delivery!! So cool! This is my first ever laptop and MAC! I'm so excited.

I'm home all morning. Then I check the tracking and it says delivered. huh? I call fed ex and they read me back the address that it was delivered at - it's the apple store in our new mall! WTH??? They say they will have it picked back up.

Not knowing how long it will take to get to me - I offer to just go get it myself. The store isn't even opened yet (grand opening this weekend), so I have to sneak around back hallways to find an open door. Grab the the first employee I see and ask for the manager. They confirm, that yes they got two wrong packages and had already sent them back with thier daily pickup. At this point I just want to scream!

So I get back on the phone with fedex and as they are 'documenting' the whole thing they tell that they are going to try and 'find it' and will get back to me. Cmon people! we're talkin a 3 grand computer here!

So I get a call back from someone saying that the driver is going to go back this afternoon and pick it up from the store and then deliver it to me this afternoon. Um, ok, but it's already been picked up! She saids 'well,I don't know anything about that. It's going to be picked up'.

Ok, I give up. All I can say is it better get to me soon and in good condition.

I just had to share with all you because I know you could understand my frustration awaiting my first mac!

Posted on May 10, 2006 3:45 PM

22 replies

May 10, 2006 8:42 PM in response to terrabear

WHAT!>? User uploaded file That is nothing.... GET A LOAD OF THIS TNT DELIVERY NIGHTMARE:

Day 1: Ordered 15" macbook pro from Apple UK Store via telephone.

Day 5: Macbook Pro is 'Out for Delivery' - I am at home waiting for it.
Macbook does not get delivered. I call TNT and they find out that it has been delivered to the wong address. TNT tell me it will be re-delivered to the correct address tomorrow.

Day6: Mac book pro 'Out for delivery' again. But again it doesn't arrive. I call TNT again and ask them what the **** the problem is...They tell me the item will be re-delivered again tomorrow.

Day7: Mac book pro 'Out for delivery' once again! By this time, I am 99.9% sure TNT wont mess it up AGAIN......but they do. I call TNT and demand to speak to the manager of the Stanstead imports/exports department. A guy named 'Carl' tells me he has physically written my address on the box again.

Day 8: MacBook Pro is finally delivered to my house by TNT at the FOURTH attempt. The driver had been attempting to deliver the item to an address 50 miles away. He also broke down once on the second attempt to deliver.

I open the MacBook box to find that the thing has a scratch on the lid and the lid does not close properly. So I call Apple and they agree to replace it.

Day 12: TNT call me to arrange the pick up of my faulty MacBook Pro.

Day 13: TNT come to pick up the faulty macbook. They do this very well. 1st time.

Day 14: TNT call me and try to arrange a pick up time for my faulty macbook pro. I tell them that it has already been picked up.

Day 15: A TNT delivery man arrives at my house. He says he has come to pick up a return item - a MacBook pro. I tell him that the macBook pro has already been picked up by TNT and that I actually told TNT that it had already been picked up when they rang the other day! The delivery driver gets rather annoyed. I cant believe it...I started laughing.

Day 16: My replacement MacBook Pro is 'Out for Delivery' with TNT.

But they fail to deliver it again.

This time the drivers excuse is that 'he diddnt have enough time to deliver'. His van broke down. I have already had that excuse once.

I call TNT again and ask them to deliver to my work address instead. Seeing that they are clearly incapeable of delivering to my home address.

They take down my work address and everything is OK to deliver to my work address.

Day 17: At work, my MacBook Pro does not arrive.

I go home and find my MacBook Pro replacement has been delivered there. TNT delivered it to my home address instead of my work address. It was a good job that there was someone in the house to sign for the delivery.

All I can say is that if anyone can top this delivery nightmare then go ahead and try and post it. But I think to top this you would have to be making it up and telling lies. This must be the worst case on record anywhere EVER!

So stop complaining so much dude. I had it worse! lol

TNT = Total Nonce To$$ers

I hate TNT and I wish Apple would stop using them to distibute their products. It does not reflect well on Apple at all.

One last thing I would like to mention - when I was in contact with the TNT import/export manager Carl, he kept telling me things like 'yes i understand your frustration....I know that people want their iPods quickly....these iPods go out of fashion and new ones come in....etc etc. He basically gave me a load of ******** about iPods.

When I actually told him that my item was a £1300 MacBook Pro mega-machine he seemed to shut up a bit...HA! It was very worrying to think that my £1300 machine had little or even no priority over a poxy little box containing an iPod.

May 11, 2006 6:19 AM in response to Chris Royston

Both TNT and apple's other delivery "partner" in the EU Kuehne+Nagel both SUCK big time!!
Ordered MBP 17 on launch day, STILL not here, and what's worse is that i can't track via apple, TNT OR Kuehne+Nagel!! User uploaded file
Yanks got theirs on Mon\Tue.
I am about to call apple and express my frustartion in VERY strong words!

Why don't apple use fedex\ups to EU as well as US. I've had several dell's via UPS with NO problems.

May 12, 2006 1:45 PM in response to Rup

Right, now it's with UPS for delivery on Tue, 16 May User uploaded file
Why the FOX can't apple give it directly to UPS on the 6 May(when it shipped from china) so i would have had it by LAST tue.

Why all this stupidity of shipping via 3 carriers (flextronics also handeled it) and it spending 3 days in Amsterdam. Presumabely getting stoned and having sex with prostitutes!!
Infact, i'm sorely tempted to cancel the MBP and spend the $3000 odd dollars having sex with prostitues myself User uploaded file

May 12, 2006 3:15 PM in response to Chris Royston

WHAT!>? User uploaded file That is nothing.... GET A LOAD OF THIS
TNT DELIVERY NIGHTMARE:

Day 1: Ordered 15" macbook pro from Apple UK Store
via telephone.

Day 5: Macbook Pro is 'Out for Delivery' - I am at
home waiting for it.
Macbook does not get delivered. I call TNT and they
find out that it has been delivered to the wong
address. TNT tell me it will be re-delivered to the
correct address tomorrow.

Day6: Mac book pro 'Out for delivery' again. But
again it doesn't arrive. I call TNT again and ask
them what the **** the problem is...They tell me the
item will be re-delivered again tomorrow.

Day7: Mac book pro 'Out for delivery' once again! By
this time, I am 99.9% sure TNT wont mess it up
AGAIN......but they do. I call TNT and demand to
speak to the manager of the Stanstead imports/exports
department. A guy named 'Carl' tells me he has
physically written my address on the box again.

Day 8: MacBook Pro is finally delivered to my house
by TNT at the FOURTH attempt. The driver had been
attempting to deliver the item to an address 50 miles
away. He also broke down once on the second attempt
to deliver.

I open the MacBook box to find that the thing has a
scratch on the lid and the lid does not close
properly. So I call Apple and they agree to replace
it.

Day 12: TNT call me to arrange the pick up of my
faulty MacBook Pro.

Day 13: TNT come to pick up the faulty macbook. They
do this very well. 1st time.

Day 14: TNT call me and try to arrange a pick up time
for my faulty macbook pro. I tell them that it has
already been picked up.

Day 15: A TNT delivery man arrives at my house. He
says he has come to pick up a return item - a MacBook
pro. I tell him that the macBook pro has already been
picked up by TNT and that I actually told TNT that it
had already been picked up when they rang the other
day! The delivery driver gets rather annoyed. I cant
believe it...I started laughing.

Day 16: My replacement MacBook Pro is 'Out for
Delivery' with TNT.

But they fail to deliver it again.

This time the drivers excuse is that 'he diddnt have
enough time to deliver'. His van broke down. I have
already had that excuse once.

I call TNT again and ask them to deliver to my work
address instead. Seeing that they are clearly
incapeable of delivering to my home address.

They take down my work address and everything is OK
to deliver to my work address.

Day 17: At work, my MacBook Pro does not arrive.

I go home and find my MacBook Pro replacement has
been delivered there. TNT delivered it to my home
address instead of my work address. It was a good job
that there was someone in the house to sign for the
delivery.

All I can say is that if anyone can top this delivery
nightmare then go ahead and try and post it. But I
think to top this you would have to be making it up
and telling lies. This must be the worst case on
record anywhere EVER!

So stop complaining so much dude. I had it worse!
lol

TNT = Total Nonce To$$ers

I hate TNT and I wish Apple would stop using them to
distibute their products. It does not reflect well on
Apple at all.

One last thing I would like to mention - when I was
in contact with the TNT import/export manager Carl,
he kept telling me things like 'yes i understand your
frustration....I know that people want their iPods
quickly....these iPods go out of fashion and new ones
come in....etc etc. He basically gave me a load of
******** about iPods.

When I actually told him that my item was a £1300
MacBook Pro mega-machine he seemed to shut up a
bit...HA! It was very worrying to think that my £1300
machine had little or even no priority over a poxy
little box containing an iPod.

Classic

Nov 5, 2006 11:43 AM in response to terrabear

I can top the horror story someone posted:

I ordered a maxed-out new 15" MBP. It was scheduled for delivery Friday morning. When it didn't arrive, FedEx told me it was out for delivery and I'd have it that day. No sign of it, so I called again. This time, they told me it was still at the regional station in San Diego, but would be delivered that day. The next call, they told me they only had paperwork, and that the actual computer had never left China! They denied ever telling me it would be delivered that day. I called again, and insisted on speaking with a manager. She told me they checked on my package, and that it had been stolen from them. They said I should just "order a new one -after all, iPods get stolen from them all the time."

At this point I called Apple. Their solution? I could wait a month until FedEx finished their "investigation" and officially declared the computer stolen, or I could put another $3,500 charge on my credit card and reorder. So I'm supposed to carry $7,000 on my credit card while they fight it out???

Both FedEx and Apple promised to look into things further and call me back. No one did.

So -The other guy may have been frustrated, but at least he got the computer he paid for. I'm out $3,500 with nothing to show for it! If I were a violent person I could do grievous bodily harm to the people at FedEx, who let their packages be stolen by their own employees, and then shrug it off, saying it's a normal thing...

FedEx delivery nightmare!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.