Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

getting to many HTTP redirects massage when trying to go to app store, getting to many HTTP redirects massage when trying to go to app store

Hi Support;

When trying to go to the app store I am getting a " too many HTTP redirects" massage pops up and thats it.

This happens when I am on wireless and on 3d.

Please help.

iPod nano (5th generation), iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 4, 2013 1:35 PM

16 replies

Feb 8, 2013 7:20 AM in response to doronman

Hi Markc Anthony. I was using iOS 5.1.1 before this and decided to upgrade. I did a full Update to iOS 6.1 through iTunes. I used one of my iCloud backups to bring back all my apps and Data. Since then I've been getting a message saying "Too Many HTTP Redirects" on the App Store.

I troubleshooted the steps by doing each of these steps:

I tried different Sections of the App Store and all gave me the same message "Too Many HTTP Redirects"

I went ahead and Check iTunes App and it looks like it has no issues.

I went to Settings\iTunes & App Stores and clicked on my Apple ID and signed out. I made sure every other switch was off. Then I went back to the App Store and still got the same message.

I went ahead and turned off the iPhone by holding the button at the top right corner and when prompted I slided the "slide to turn off" button. I waited about 5 seconds and then got to hold the top right button again until the Apple Logo flashed again. I still got the same message when I went to the App Store.

I went back to Settings\iTunes & App Store and signed back in. The App Store would still give me the same error message.

I finally gave up and did a full reset using iTunes again. I plugged in my iPhone clicked on its icon on iTunes and choose the button "Restore iPhone". I did not recovered from a backup this time and instead set it up as new. That actually worked. I am back to using my iPhone with no issues.

You all can try recovering from backup it might actually work, but I am having a feeling that the error may have to do with recovering from a backup using iCloud. You can try it again, but make sure you let it finish and do not stop it (There is a way to stop it).

Feb 10, 2013 3:49 PM in response to doronman

I have an iPhone 4S that just started this http mess last night. Nothing works. I'm not a novice with the iPhone. I've had one since the beginning.

I've wiped, hard reset, restarted - tried everything. With all of the discussions about this its unlikely any of us have done anything wrong. As a matter of fact I've done nothing to my phone - no changes at all.

Feb 12, 2013 4:30 PM in response to doronman

I have tried all these options except full reset on the phone which I am not fond of. This appears to be an apple problem as all seems to have started with the latest update added to my phone. We require apple to look into the problem and come out with real solution for apple customers. I am sure it shouldn't take too long as they can't make money from any person with this issue..

getting to many HTTP redirects massage when trying to go to app store, getting to many HTTP redirects massage when trying to go to app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.