Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

to many HTTP redirects

When I am trying to go to the app store I am getting a massage "to many HTTP redirects" and I can't conect.

This happens when I am on wireless and on 3G.

Recently I changed my itune store from canada to Australia, so I don't know if that got to do with anything.

Can you please tell me what to do. as this is very frustrating.

Thanks.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 4, 2013 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 10:39 AM

I have the same issue. Can't see app info because of too many HTTP redirects???

30 replies

Feb 8, 2013 7:20 AM in response to Olimpiu

Hi Markc Anthony. I was using iOS 5.1.1 before this and decided to upgrade. I did a full Update to iOS 6.1 through iTunes. I used one of my iCloud backups to bring back all my apps and Data. Since then I've been getting a message saying "Too Many HTTP Redirects" on the App Store.

I troubleshooted the steps by doing each of these steps:

I tried different Sections of the App Store and all gave me the same message "Too Many HTTP Redirects"

I went ahead and Check iTunes App and it looks like it has no issues.

I went to Settings\iTunes & App Stores and clicked on my Apple ID and signed out. I made sure every other switch was off. Then I went back to the App Store and still got the same message.

I went ahead and turned off the iPhone by holding the button at the top right corner and when prompted I slided the "slide to turn off" button. I waited about 5 seconds and then got to hold the top right button again until the Apple Logo flashed again. I still got the same message when I went to the App Store.

I went back to Settings\iTunes & App Store and signed back in. The App Store would still give me the same error message.

I finally gave up and did a full reset using iTunes again. I plugged in my iPhone clicked on its icon on iTunes and choose the button "Restore iPhone". I did not recovered from a backup this time and instead set it up as new. That actually worked. I am back to using my iPhone with no issues.

You all can try recovering from backup it might actually work, but I am having a feeling that the error may have to do with recovering from a backup using iCloud. You can try it again, but make sure you let it finish and do not stop it (There is a way to stop it).

Feb 8, 2013 8:39 AM in response to doronman

Hi all , this problem accours because of the apps that uses the redirectlons to the App Store . For instance YouTube app . I was deleted that app and the problem accoured . I reinstalled it and everything works fine .

The problem is your google account , when you search for some videos using safari, if you was installed and signed in with that app , it try to open YouTube app . But if there is no YouTube app it just try to redirect you to App Store to download the YouTube app . This does that too many redirects. Those directs just waiting for end . But there is no end . Try to reinstall that app . It's google's fault . Hope it helps

Feb 8, 2013 11:58 AM in response to ozdemirsalih

Hi ondemirsalih:

It also happens with the just about any other link to the App Store. This is not Google's fault. The only options that seemed to work for me and others is:

1) Hard Reboot - Tap the Home Button and the On/off button at the same time until the phone turns off.

2) System Restore: Try this with iTunes. Plug in your phone and click Restore on the screen. You can try to restore your backup, but if you have little to lose, I recommend setting up your phone as new.

I swear, I don't know why even Google was mentioned.

Feb 8, 2013 2:04 PM in response to ozdemirsalih

I refuted you're last argument because all redirects from any apps are getting rejected. YouTube is only one app among many that is suffering from this bug. That's why Google cannot be at fault for this.

My problem actually started when I requested Passbook to search for apps that work with it. When it sent me to the App Store I saw no issues, but when I clicked on the App, the redirect error appeared.

to many HTTP redirects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.