Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't transfer photos from iPhone to PC?

Hi,

I'm trying to transfer some photos from my iphone 5 to my windows 7 PC; I haven't done this before.

I've tried two methods of doing this, but neither seem to be working!

method 1 - plug in iphone to pc. I get the autoplay come up. I click import photos. But I get a message saying something like 'no new photos found', so nothing happens. (remember, I haven't backed up my photos before, so all my photos should be 'new'!)

method 2 - I plug the iphone into the pc. And i go to computer > view devices and i open 'apple iphone'. then there's a DCIM folder (which should contain the photos, I'm guessing, because that's how i view photos from my normal camera). But the DCIM folder is empty.

Could someone please help me out? I have done my best to search how to do this, but noone else seems to have had this problem but me!

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 5, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 10:10 AM

55 replies

Jun 7, 2017 6:08 PM in response to borgin

Hello, I think you can use a third party app. According to my knowledge, Apowersoft Phone Manager is good at transferring photos from iPhone to PC.

Steps for transferring photos with Apowersoft Phone Manager:

1. Download the app to your computer

2. Launch the app on your computer, and connect your phone to PC via USB cable.

3. Go to pictures, and select the pictures you want to transfer to your PC, and click "Export", then choose a folder to save it. You can also transfer photos from your PC to iPhone by clicking "Import".

User uploaded file

Hope it will help.

Jun 7, 2017 6:11 PM in response to avidec.malaysia

Hello, I think you can use a third party app. According to my knowledge, Apowersoft Phone Manager is good at transferring photos from iPhone to PC.

Steps for transferring photos with Apowersoft Phone Manager.

1. Download the app to your computer

2. Launch the app on your computer, and connect your phone to PC via USB cable.

3. Go to pictures, and select the pictures you want to transfer to your PC, and click "Export", then choose a folder to save it. You can also transfer photos from your PC to iPhone by clicking "Import".

User uploaded file

Hope it will do help.

Nov 11, 2017 6:12 AM in response to varjak paw

Yes, this worked, but... Every time I attache my iPhone 6S to my Windows 10 desktop PC, the phone automatically opens to the DCIM folder. It worked yesterday, then it did not. Does it automatically save the location somewhere? I left the phone plugged into the computer as I shut down, and left it connected as I restarted this morning. I guess I should not do that. Windows may have issues remembering USB connections.

Dec 26, 2017 7:53 PM in response to borgin

Still hoping for an answer myself...have an iPhone 6 that I can't copy photos to my PC...iPhone 4 was no problem, just showed up as external storage and I used Windows Explorer to copy/paste to my Pictures folder on PC

My PC sees the DCIM folder but there are only a handful of photos in there, even though my "All Photos" shows over 2000, I cannot access them

Can't believe that THOUSANDS of people are asking this question and yet still no solution from Apple....

Mar 11, 2013 10:30 AM in response to borgin

Thanks; just wanted to make sure. When you view your iPhone in Windows Explorer, you're navigating to this folder?

\Internal Storage\DCIM\100APPLE

If so, one thing to try is to make sure your iPhone is unlocked. Then connect it to the computer and look in that folder again. If the iPhone is locked, it apparently won't show the contents of that folder.

Hope this helps.

Oct 30, 2013 7:33 AM in response to borgin

"YES! It worked!! seems quite obvious now you say it!"

Thank god, this worked! I've been going nuts all morning trying to figure out why no photos were showing up in the DCIM directory.

And NO IT'S NOT OBVIOUS at all that the phone slider has to be 'unlocked' in order to access the photos, that's just ********! The phone just locked itself and I can still access the photos, so it's just anther stupid Apple device behaviour that we're all forced to live with...

Now if I can find out why my iphone won't complete the install of ANY app updates, app donwloads or OS updates then I can finally sell all of my apple crap and not be driven absoutletely crazy every day trying to troubleshoot some stupid issue on a device that is supposed to "Just Work"

I really wish I hadn't started with apple, but I might be stuck now. **** you Apple!

Oct 30, 2013 8:55 AM in response to StreetPreacher

Apple is not here, and cursing at we your fellow users is both futile and rude. If you want assistance with your problems, start a new topic calmly detailing your issues - ranting in someone else's months-old thread usually isn't a good strategy for getting help - and perhaps someone here can help you sort things out.

Or just sell all your "crap" and go buy something you think will work better for you. You're just as likely to have problems with anything you buy, though, so eventually you're going to have to try some troubleshooting.

Regards.

Dec 23, 2013 6:31 PM in response to borgin

If you're using a Windows Vista or Windows 7 PC, do as the following:
1. Connect your iOS device to the computer. If the AutoPlay window appears, click "Import Pictures and Videos using Windows", then skip to step 4. If the "Import Pictures and Video" dialog appears, skip to step 4. If the AutoPlay dialog box does not automatically open, you may need to enable the behavior.
2. Choose Start > Computer.
3. Right-click the logo for your device and click Import pictures and videos.
4. Click the Import Settings link.
5. In the resulting window, you can change the folder to which your Camera Roll's photos will be imported by clicking the Browse button next to the "Import to" field. By default, these will be imported to the My Pictures folder.
6. Enable the option, "Always erase from device after copying".
7. After setting your import options, click OK to dismiss the window.
8. Choose a tag if desired and click Import. This screen appears only while the import process is active.
9. Once the import is complete, Windows Photo Gallery will launch with your photos and videos highlighted under the "Recently Imported" section.

Here are two shared tutorials from iphone software bbs, hope it can give you more advice:
How to transfer or copy my photos from iPhone to PC
How to transfer photo/pictures from iPhone to Mac

<Link Edited by Host>

Can't transfer photos from iPhone to PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.