Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad can't connect to App Store.

iPad won't connect to the App Store at all. It's not my wifi because iPad mini works just fine. I have tried changing the date, hard reset, logging out then logging back in, and still nothing! Any ideas?

iPad, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 1:58 PM

57 replies

Jul 17, 2017 1:58 AM in response to bfewell

So First off I had this problem happen to me a few times. The best way I have found to fix it is.

Settings> iTues & App Store> Username> Sign out... Hard Reset your Device and wait to a count of 5 before turning it back on.

Then once you have restarted your iPad. Go to Settings> iTues & AppStore and Sign in. This should fix it. If not Please Refer to the team at apple.

This took me some time to figure out but it works every time I have had this issue.

Dec 10, 2017 3:49 PM in response to bfewell

Immediately upon updating to iOS 11, I had this same incredibly frustrating problem ("iPad can't connect to App Store"). After 20 hours of vain attempts to fix the problem, including 10 factory resets and conversations with 10 different Apple tech support people, someone at a local Apple Store finally figured out a solution:

1) Plug the iPad into a Mac.

2) From iTunes, do a backup, then do Restore (to factory settings).

3) After the iPad restarts, set it up as a NEW device. Do not restore from backup.

4) Now here is the most important part. When the iPad asks you to enter your apple ID, do NOT enter any ID. There is a fine print option at the bottom of the screen that will let you continue to the main screen without entering an Apple ID. If you enter an Apple ID when the iPad starts up, you will go right back to "iPad can't connect to App Store".

5) When you get to the main screen, open up the App Store. This time it should load properly.

6) Download any app you like. When the App Store asks you to login, now it's OK to use your Apple ID.

7) Restore from backup.

This bug in iOS 11 caused me so much hassle that I am not updating any other devices to iOS 11 -- once around the block was enough. I hope the solution above is helpful to other people.

Mar 20, 2013 2:45 PM in response to bfewell

The Complete Guide to Using the iTunes Store

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/the-complete-guide-to-using-t he-itunes-store/

Can't connect to the iTunes Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1368

iTunes: Advanced iTunes Store troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3297

Best Fixes for ‘Cannot Connect to iTunes Store’ Errors

http://ipadinsight.com/ipad-tips-tricks/best-fixes-for-cannot-connect-to-itunes- store-errors/

Try this first - Reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons.

This works for some users. Not sure why.

Go to Settings>General>Date and Time> Set Automatically>Off. Set the date ahead by about a year.Then see if you can connect to the store.

 Cheers, Tom 😉

Jun 26, 2013 9:13 PM in response to bfewell

Open Settings, then go to General >> Date and Time. Switch the Set Automatically option to Off, then set the date one year ahead. Try to open the App Store again, and if you get another error message, go back and correct the date by switching Set Automatically back to On. Now you should be able to connect with no problems.

Jul 20, 2013 7:41 AM in response to bfewell

This can also happen if there is an app update that was left pending. You can see this if you go to updates and there is an App where the progress bar is not moving. When this happens the best solution is to find the App on your device ( outside of the App store app ) and tap on the icon. This will induce the app to continue the download. After the App finishes loading, you should have full access to the App Store once again.

iPad can't connect to App Store.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.