Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a Find Friends for the Mac?

This page

http://www.apple.com/icloud/features/find-my-friends.html

seems to indicate that there is. That in addition to the Find Friends app for mobile devices that the same service is available on the Mac. The web pages seem to indicate that you can do it using iCloud, but I see nothing in iCloud in System Prefs for Find Friend.

If anybody knows if or how this works, and how to set it up, I'd very much appreciate your help.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), 2.6G i7

Posted on Mar 30, 2013 1:39 PM

64 replies

May 23, 2013 7:59 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hello, i too would much prefer to "find my friends"using my MacBookPro or Imac and totally agree that the Apple webpage is definitely misleading, it really gives the impression that all the displayed devices are supporting this app!

If you hear of a way to use a Mac running OSX to view "find my friends" could you please let me know,cheers Dave Cummings UK

Sep 3, 2013 12:32 AM in response to Csound1

>>>

But now you know so you won't be misled any more

<<<

That still doesn't excuse the page in question from being misleading.

If you look at the structure of the page:

Major Heading: "Find my Friends"

Subheading: "Good friends aren’t hard to find"

Subheading: "Play by your rules"

Subheading: "Simple Setup" - showing iDevices, Macbook and Windows PC

The immeadiate conclusion is that Find my friends is available on all of the devices shown

As "bigbaldbob" has already been pointed out the fact that the majority of posters on the thread are saying the page is misleading is probably indicative of misleading, okay, poor design.

Is there a Find Friends for the Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.