Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i install an internet explorer on OS X mountain lion?

hi,

i want to use internet explorer on my mac, is there any way to install.

i need it as there are some websites which can open only in internet explorer, its a loss for me that i cant open websites on this safari 😟

kindly help me if any one knows or using IE.

thanks

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 5, 2013 4:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2013 4:55 AM

There is no Internet Exploder for Mountain Lion. You either need to run Windows virtually (e.g., with Bootcamp), or you need to get a PC (Windows 8 - lots of pretty tiles! Break Dancing!).

You might try different browsers (e.g., Firefox) to see if they work on the websites in question. You can also turn on the Develop menu in Safari (Safari Preferences, Advanced) and from there change the User Agent to Internet Exploder. Occasionally that is enough to get these bizarre websites to allow you to view them.

charlie

36 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2013 4:55 AM in response to Neel Aggarwal

There is no Internet Exploder for Mountain Lion. You either need to run Windows virtually (e.g., with Bootcamp), or you need to get a PC (Windows 8 - lots of pretty tiles! Break Dancing!).

You might try different browsers (e.g., Firefox) to see if they work on the websites in question. You can also turn on the Develop menu in Safari (Safari Preferences, Advanced) and from there change the User Agent to Internet Exploder. Occasionally that is enough to get these bizarre websites to allow you to view them.

charlie

Apr 5, 2013 5:55 AM in response to Shootist007

The two responses above are right- there is no Windows Explorer version that will install in Mountain Lion.

There are a couple of things you can try that might work, short of installing Windows on your machine, either in a virtual machine (like virtual box or parallels) or with bootcamp. Personally, I hate either of those options, just because windows is such a magnet for malware and viruses. The second you expose windows to the internet it becomes infected.

Anyway, you can try this:

1. go to safari > preferences > advanced > click on show develp menu in menu bar

2. in develop menu > user agent > internet explorer 9.0

This might trick the websites into thinking that safari is internet explorer.

Opera (another browser, Download Opera for Mac - High-performance Web browser. MacUpdate.com) also can pretend to be internet explorer, and I think Firefox Download Firefox for Mac - Popular Web browser. MacUpdate.com can too.

Apr 5, 2013 6:17 AM in response to arthur

That is completely false about Windows. Windows does not automatically get infected with anything the minute you connect it to the net. My god where do you come up with that? I run several Windows PCs and none of them run any malware or anti virus programs and none of them have ever been infected with anything and they are always connected to the Internet. I'm typing this reply from one such Windows PC.

It's all about how you use your computer not the OS it runs. Sure Windows is a much bigger target for the scum of the world to attack as it has 90% of the market so the people that write the viruses and malware programs do it for a system they have a better chance of infecting.

But to ***-U-Me that just because you have Windows and you go to the Net that it will get infected with something is just a Bold Face Lie. And I suspect you know that.

So why not post truths instead of the Lie in your post.

By the way Mac's can also be infected as has been proven recently. So no matter what OS you run you can get infected. Now that is not a Lie.

arthur wrote:

The two responses above are right- there is no Windows Explorer version that will install in Mountain Lion.

There are a couple of things you can try that might work, short of installing Windows on your machine, either in a virtual machine (like virtual box or parallels) or with bootcamp. Personally, I hate either of those options, just because windows is such a magnet for malware and viruses. The second you expose windows to the internet it becomes infected.

Aug 23, 2013 10:50 PM in response to Neel Aggarwal

Hi Neel,

I think I have a solution to your problem.

If you have Snow Leopard, Mountain Lion, or Lion (I am guessing future OS X versions will be supported), you can download the WineBottler Combo pack at:

http:/http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/combo/builds/WineBottlerCombo_1.4.1.6.dm g

You see, this application lets you run Microsoft Windows applications, so it's not only useful when you run Internet Explorer, but it can also be great when downloading other Windows applications.

I found this when I was trying to use Internet Explorer for Mac on my Intel-based Mac OS X Lion MacBook. It wasn't what I wanted, but I kept it because it looked useful for future purposes.

Thanks for asking this question. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any issues. Have a great day!

Adrian Widjaja,

PS. I love ! Until the fact Lion stopped supporting PowerPC applications. From 10 to 9!

Hello! It's me again, Adrian Widjaja! Just edited this awesome post in this awesome topic in this awesome site!

how can i install an internet explorer on OS X mountain lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.