Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Audio Boot Camp Windows 8

Hello Everyone,

I've Installed Windows 8 using Bootcamp, and installed all the drivers on the boot camp folder, but I have no sound.

I wiped the partition, reinstalled and still no sound.

I have also gone on the realtek website, downloaded drivers, still no sound.

Under Device Manager, there is a yellow warning for the Realtek Driver and the High Definition Audio Driver.

It says"The device cannot start.(code 10)

The request is not supported"

I have been trying to fix this for three days now. In that time I have uninstalled, reinstalled, updated dozens of times, and been googling all that time for solutions. I am about to pull the plug

Please Help.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 11:46 AM

114 replies

Feb 3, 2017 6:53 AM in response to BlazingD

Hello Everyone ! I had the same problem with my mac but figured out the resolution ! You will need to boot up your computer to windows login and then if you have a mac osx installation disk you want to insert that in then double click the disk in my computer then choose the third option which should say bootcamp or something along those lines Then it will install all bootcamp drivers neccesary for your mac For EX isight camera audio driver things along those lines

Now just let the installer do its job it will say removing old realtek driver but dont worry thats ok its installing the new compatible one Then thats it all you have to do is restart and all of your drivers should be working properly 🙂

Feb 21, 2017 2:38 AM in response to Drunkmonk1600

I installed **Windows 8 64bit**, via **usb dongle** (efi boot) on BootCamp partition. I notice the **no audio problem** (there is a device called "**High Definition Audio**" on system device that cant run properly and show code 10).

I've already tried to install latest Realtek High definition audio codec, but still having this problem.

Anybody had the same problem and resolve it?

I've an **iMac 2011 mid**.

P.S. I see the Cirrus solution but i don't know if my mac have this soundcard and i don't know what driver choose in the huge cirrus driver list

Thanx in advice

Jun 13, 2017 7:10 AM in response to easiest_dinner

I got a bit of same problem:

I recently installed windows on my mac with the following method:

I used the bootcamp assistant program to make a parition on my mac and installed windows on one of them.

I couldn't use my partition to install windows on it, so I decided to clean my whole drive and used it to install windows on it.(Which means I don't have my osx part of the pc)

Now I only have windows on this mac and not OSX. I still have the flash drive where I installed the bootcamp assistant on though. Now I figured out the following problem: I don't have any sounds. I tried to solve this problem, but to all discussions I go, they say you need to go to your OSX part of the computer and install the newest software for your windows. But I can't! Does anyone know how to solve this? I'd really like sounds on my computer 🙂

My mac: iMac mid 2011

Jun 16, 2017 7:02 AM in response to Loner T

Didn't actually notice yet: I don't get sound out of my speakers, but am I able to get sound out of my headphones?

The thing is my PC doesn't detect my headphones though. I thought of buying this: https://www.bol.com/nl/p/logilink-usb-soundkarte/9200000026526974/?country=BE&Re ferrer=ADVNLGOO002013-G-39325988560-S-271256211063-9200000026526974

So I can get sound with this thing.

First question: Is it my internal speakers that don't work, or is it my audio built-in cart that doesn't work?

Second question: If it's the speakers, can I try to plug in headphones? The thing is my pc doesn't detect it, that's why I'll need a solution for that.

Jun 17, 2017 6:05 AM in response to Loner T

I've decided that I have so many problems with my windows I wanna reinstall macOS...

I know this is very unexpected but i just get too many issues it's unbelievable..

Do you know a way I can reinstall apple. (Notice my only driver is installed with windows, but this pc originally is a mac, mid 2011)

It was a OSX yosemite 10.10, can you help me?

Nov 27, 2017 11:03 AM in response to easiest_dinner

Hi,

I have found a solution for the windows audio problems in the Mac.

I'm the owner of a MBP 13" from 2012. I installed two hard drives and tried to install in the second hard drive windows with a lot of problems, so I decided to share the big disk with windows but I had the same audio problems as everybody.

Finally I decided to install windows 7,and after I asked myself: what will happen if I upgrade to windows 10? So I did, and the result is that everything works perfectly.

The solution: install Windows 7 and check that everything is working. After that, make an upgrade to windows 10.

I expect that it works for future new installations.

Best regards

Nov 27, 2017 2:20 PM in response to jccguays

jccguays wrote:

BIOS Version: Apple Inc. MBP91.88Z.00D7.B00.1708080744, 08/08/2017

SMBIOS Version: 2.4

BIOS Mode: Legacy

I'm not English. In Spanish the BIOS mode is "Heredado" and I suppose that the translation is "Legacy" in IT vocabulary.

Best regards

Thanks. Audio on a 2012 Mac works only in 'Legacy' (Inherited) mode.

Apr 9, 2013 1:27 PM in response to easiest_dinner

I had this when I installed Windows 7 on my iMac. I fixed it by downloading the Realtek Audio Driver from here:

http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Le vel=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#High Definition Audio Codecs

The Latest Drivers will work with Windows XP through to Windows 8.

Then, just reboot and you should be good to go.

No Audio Boot Camp Windows 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.