Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use Viber on my iPad?

Can I use Viber on my iPad??

iPad 2

Posted on Apr 19, 2013 10:12 AM

39 replies

Apr 20, 2013 10:29 AM in response to Iamahelpandaasker

Hi,

This is an official representative of Viber Media.

Instructions for activating Viber on iPod/iPad/Tablet:

1. connect to WiFi from your iPad/iPod/Tablet.

2. download and install Viber app. when asked for your number, enter your regular cellphone's number (or any other number of yours that can receive the code, for example a landline (fixed) number, a prepaid number, etc.), then confirm.

3. an SMS message with the code will be sent to your regular cellular phone.

4. take that code and use it in your iPad/iPod/Tablet. Viber will then be activated, and you're good to go.

* this means that if anyone dials your number on Viber, you will get the call on your iPad/iPod/Tablet.

** Please note that Viber does not officially support iPods/iPads/Tablets yet. In the future, we plan to release fully compatible versions, but unfortunately we still don't know when exactly it will be ready.

For more questions or technical support, please visit our official HelpDesk.

Thanks,

Viber

Apr 22, 2013 7:18 AM in response to theViberTeam

As an official representative for Viber, should you then please explain what this statement from the FAQ means?

What devices work with Viber?

iPhone: Viber works iPhone Models: 3GS and 4, with IOS: 3.1.3, 4. and newer.
iPod touch and iPad (latest generations) are partially supported.

There is no statement I can find as to what "partially" means. And that seems to contradict your statement that the iPad et. al. are not officially supported at all. If Viber is not supported at all, it would seem that the FAQ is wrong and needs to be corrected.

I'm sure potential users of Viber would appreciate a clarification.

Regards.

Apr 23, 2013 2:05 AM in response to varjak paw

@varjak paw -

Thank you for your feedback.

First, we believe that the two statements don't contradict - Viber partially supports iPads and iPods, meaning they are not officially, fully supported. The fact that Viber does not officially support a specific devices, simply means that we haven't tested Viber thoroughly on it and adapted the coding of the app in order to ensure 100% functionality on that device. On the other hand, it doesn't mean Viber will not work on it at all. Hence, we claim that it is only partially support.

Now, regarding the definition of "partial support" - again - this is not a fixed, absolute definition since, as I explained, different features of Viber might or might not work properly on devices that haven't been fully tested and adapted to. In the case of iPads and iPods, from the majority of reports we get from our users, Viber overall works fine, with some glitches of course. However, if Viber will not work on a certain iPod/iPad, there will be unfortunately not much we'll be able to do to help. We plan to bring officially compatible version for those devices in the future.

If something is still unclear, please feel free to let me know 🙂

Best regards.

Apr 23, 2013 7:09 AM in response to theViberTeam

"Partial support" does not imply "no support". It implies just what it says, that some features and functions do work and use of those features and functions will be supported by Viber. If a user signs up for your service for use with an iPad or an iPod and should problems arise Viber support will refuse to help them, then that is not "partial support" at all. As to "different features might or might not work", that's being disingenuous. Your programmers and support staff should clearly know what works and what doesn't, and to be vague about it and what you will and will not support is a disservice to your customers.

I would suggest that Viber either detail what does and does not work, or just state that iPads and iPods are not supported, period. Otherwise you're misleading your users. Meanwhile, until such time as Viber either provides full support or details what "partial support" really means, I will tell anyone who asks that Viber just does not work on iPads or iPods.

Regards.

Sep 23, 2013 11:03 AM in response to theViberTeam

A couple questions to the viber representative:

If I setup viber on both my iphone and ipad, with the same phone number, will it then get the calls on both?

Is it possible to setup two different phone numbers on an ipad or laptop (ie my husband's and mine?) If so, when it rings, will it indicate who the call is for or what number is being called?

I will be travelling overseas soon. Is there a way of being sure that a viber call is only being processed through wifi and not the cellular network? Will turning data roaming off be sufficient?

Thanks for any support (partial or otherwise) that you can provide. :-)

Janine

Can I use Viber on my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.