Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Points", where are they, please?

My first Post written on “Points where did they go?” was written to intentionally not be Posted but raise an eyebrow to internal-Apple or who ever does the calculation of Points. Thank You.

Here it is again in proper form please.

I have a total accumulation of 1-5 total points. This seems odd after I noticed there are 109,313 hits on my previous Postings.

So my question would be: Are Points still being calculated, it’s been over 18 months and still nothing? Points in the past have extreme value and I consider them of great use so my second question: Where did they go? Does anyone else see any correlation of their point total with mine i.e. non -existent. I highly encourage anyone who sees a discrepancy like mine (109,313 hits and a total points accumulation of 1-5) ask what happened. Wheree aare they, where did they go? If so Research and inquire where do the points go or do they have any value or just what is going on.

[As a side note: after my eye brow raising question to internal-Apple or whoever does these calculations... there are tools that suddenly appeared. They weren’t there a few days ago and previously of 18 months ago. -so- I am happy to say in a humble voice sometimes to raise an eyebrow without vulgarity has a place in the diction of English grammar.

iMac (24-inch Early 2008), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), getting pretty good with iCloud

Posted on May 24, 2013 3:52 AM

12 replies

May 24, 2013 6:34 AM in response to ysureican

How many times someone looks or even 'likes' your post has nothing to do with points. You get points under 1 condition only: The original poster of the question marks your post as helpful (5 pts) or as having solved the problem (10 pts). Thousands of people might read your post and think, "Wow! That's the solution!" but they don't get to vote. Only the original poster does.

May 24, 2013 6:40 PM in response to ysureican

total points accumulation of 1-5)

You have 5 points (not 1 - 5) and that means you're level 1. Having 5 points means that there is one person who thought your post was helpful and they awarded you the 5 "helpful" points.

Number of hits is irrelevant. No one at Apple awards points - only an original poster can, but it is not mandatory. Asking for points violates the ToU of the forums and the hosts will usually delete such posts.

May 25, 2013 9:35 PM in response to deggie

In corresponding May I offer tips in Clearty.

Vagueness is of no help defining clearity of communication or pros. You are always welcome to contact me and I welcome it but clear diction, grammar, and pro's are manditory. Spelling is of consequence since do not read words I read in pages not sentences and in pictures to eliminagte fragmentation. Your statement was ...well at the least vague. but that's OK there's still time to learm

"Points", where are they, please?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.