Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My screen flickers in Photoshop on my 2013 Macbook Air.

I just got the new Macbook Air 13", when I use the brush tool in Photoshop CS6 and it goes over 100px my screen starts to flicker wildly, its completly unusable.

Ive tried turning the graphics card prossesing on and off, basic, advanced etc... Nothing works.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 18, 2013 1:27 AM

109 replies

Jun 19, 2013 9:40 AM in response to Lewitje

Same here. Macbook Air 6,2 (mid 2013 Haswell, 1.7ghz) Brushes in Photoshop CS6 make the screen flicker in the rectangular region across the screen from the cursor's current position to the bottom of the screen. If I try to tough it out, after a few moments, graphical junk begins to appear.

Changing the resolution of the display to the next highest setting provides temporary relief. Hopefully this isn't a hardware issue, but a drivers/software one.

BG

Jun 24, 2013 4:39 AM in response to Lewitje

Same here as well, any larger brush new MacBook Air 13", Haswell 1.7 GHz, 8GB, 512 SSD, Photoshop CS6, OS X v10.8.4.

Called support, and was told to call Adobe. Called support again and had better help the 2nd time. Did the following:

- Created new user account, system restart

- Did a hardware test (press D key and start computer)

- Changed performance setting in CS6 (Preferences-> Performance-> Graphics Processor Setting-> Drawing Mode = Basic)

The problem persists no matter what and larger brushes are unusable. I hope someone is listening to these issues as I don't seem to be alone.

Jun 26, 2013 11:17 AM in response to GSVAI

Yeah the apple store on maui (Mac Net) very rudely told me it was an adobe issue and that apple never makes these types or errors (LOL, what an idiot). they also refused my return because of this "adobe issue". I do know the ONLY time i have ever seen a screen flicker like this is with a) a bad GPU b) a bad driver or c) a bad video cable (not possible on mba).

What shall we do? I could upgrade to mavericks however would rather wait....but i need photoshop. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE REPLIES HERE APPLE!

My screen flickers in Photoshop on my 2013 Macbook Air.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.