I had the very same issue, couldn't go past the apple logo black screen. Tried this 3 steps and it worked for me.
Remember make sure the usb cable is plugged to the computer with itunes running then and only then press the device's home button and plugg the other side of the usb cable to the device without releasing home button then you'll see the connect to itunes screen on your device and you will be ready to restore your device.
Follow me to solve iPad stuck on apple logo:
Connect the iPad by USB to the computer
Put the iPad into DFU mode by holding the Power button for 3 seconds, while continuing to hold the Power button also hold the Home button for 10 seconds, now release the Power button but continue to hold the Home button for another 15 seconds
iTunes will alert you saying an iPad has been detected in recovery mode, click “OK”
Now select the iPad in iTunes and click on the “Restore” button
1. Turn off iPad
2. Turn on computer and launch iTunes (make sure you have the latest version of iTune)
3. Plug USB cable into computer's USB port
4. Hold Home button down and plug the other end of cable into docking port.
DO NOT RELEASE BUTTON until you see picture of iTunes and plug.
5. Release Home button.
6. iTunes has detected iPad in recovery mode. You must restore this iPad before it can be used with iTunes.
7. Select "Restore iPad"...
1. Data will be lost if you do not have backup
2. You must follow step 1 to step 4 VERY CLOSELY.
3. Repeat the process if necessary so that you can fix iPad stuck on Apple logo issue.
Thanks a ton - these steps worked great for me. My IPad went into the funk when I pressed "reset network settings". No clue why. But the Apply logo came up on an all black screen and stayed there - nothing worked. I was able to turn the unit off by holding the home and power buttons - then followed your steps. Thanks again!