Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M-Audio Axiom Pro49 cannot be found by Logic Pro X

I jave installed Logic Pro X and I cannot use my M-Audio Axiom Pro controller anymore.

It intermittently controls voluma and pan but It does not show up in the controllers page.

Should I uninstallLogic Pro 9?

Logic Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), iMac 27" İ7 3.4 Ghz

Posted on Jul 22, 2013 2:52 AM

57 replies

Jul 22, 2013 3:25 AM in response to yavuzj

To answer my own question ( 'cause someone may need it ),

Go To Applications/Logic Pro ( that's Logic Pro 9 ) ctrl+Click Show Package Contents and then go to MIDI Device Plug-ins...

User uploaded file

Copy the 2 highlighted component, Axiom Pro.bundle + Axiom.bundle and go to

/Logic Pro x/Contents/MIDI Device Plug-ins

User uploaded file

and the paste 2 items....

Voila!!!

Everything works like acharm so far... 🙂

Now, I can really enjoy Logic Pro X

Jul 22, 2013 6:06 AM in response to yavuzj

Awesome --- Thank you for this post! Since installing LPX the Transport controls on my Axiom 61, 2nd Gen stopped working! I was trying to use the Learn features in LPX but using M-Audio's - HyperControl/DirectLink software was so much easier. I followed your instructions and I'm happy to report I now have my controls back! Thanks again you have def made my Day/Week/MONTH! 🙂

Jul 23, 2013 1:08 PM in response to yavuzj

Tried these tips but Axiom Pro is not working even close to properly - no transport control, can't switch banks or tracks, or select tracks using the buttons under the faders....

If someone could check my check list, I'd greatly appreciate it:

- I've selected transport control in the Axiom LED window.

- I've located, copied and pasted the Axiom Bundles into Logic X's Midi Device Plug Ins folder.

- I've downloaded the DirectLink posted by JCrod07 - and installed it, but I don't get the option for Direct LInk in the input/output options of the Device windows. Also, how can I tell if there's a previous 32bit version around that might be mucking things up?

Just so you know, Axiom Pro has basicallly been inoperable for me since upgrading to OSX 10.8. Id prefer not to sell it but it's a brick to me most of the time and my patience with it is running thin.

Thanks for your help and expertise.

Jul 23, 2013 2:01 PM in response to yavuzj

You have to make sure that you have the 64 bit drivers and the Axiom Pro/bundle

If you have the Axiom Pro\ you do not need the DirectLink ( I think )...

I do not have the direct link but, I had installed the Hyper Control...

I would uninstall delete whatever I have and re-install everything if I were you....

You can download them here:

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support&tab=driver

Jul 26, 2013 8:40 AM in response to yavuzj

Thanks yavuzj 🙂

Having made an installation from scratch, I just install Logic Pro X and

HyperControl Installer run only if Logic Pro 9 is installed, so …

- Open Terminal and write or copy this:

mkdir /Applications/Logic\ Pro.app

- Now you can run HyperControl Installer v1.0.6 64bitfrom M-Audio Support Site:

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.drivers&f=1218

- After HyperControl installation, open Applications folder, right click on Logic Pro (fake)

and select "Show Package Contents" in contextual menu.

Now you can see folder named "Contents" and inside it a folder named "MIDI Device Plug-ins"

- Copy folder "MIDI Device Plug-ins" which contains "Axiom Pro.bundle"," Axiom.bundle" and "Oxygen.bundle"

inside folder /Library/Application Support/

you can do the same with terminal:

sudo mv /Applications/Logic\ Pro.app/Contents/MIDI\ Device\ Plug-ins/ /Library/Application\ Support/

- Run Logic Pro X and add your M-Audio

Remember ( if you make same mistake…)

you can not remove a control surface in setup if you do not enable "control surfaces" in Preferences/Advanced Menu for the moment

my Axiom Pro 61 now is working correctly ….

Hi, Paolo

And sorry for my english ...

M-Audio Axiom Pro49 cannot be found by Logic Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.