Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to connect to server to accept new icloud terms and conditions

Is anyone else haveing this issue? On my iPhone and iPad after upgrading to iOS7 I am being asked to aggree to new iCloud terms and conditions, but when I select 'View Terms' to sign it returns an error: 'Unable to connect to server.'

Until i can get this working I am unable to use any iCloud services on both devices. Server overloaded? Anyone else?

iPad, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 3:49 PM

105 replies

Sep 18, 2013 5:36 PM in response to propertyofparkdale

I'm getting the same - which is annoying.

I had to restore from backup twice to get it to recognise my WiFi connection, and now when i need to change my appleID because my apps are stored on a different on than default, it's like "The terms have changed"... but it won't let me view them, or even change the appleID so that I can access them.

I'm hoping it's just the servers being busy.

Edit: Now I just restarted my home WIFI to see if that would do it, and it can't connect to my mail-servers on hotmail, which it actually could do after the update but before trying to change the appleID. Wonderful!

I'm just going to turn off my Iphone until tomorrow and see what happens overnight.

Sep 19, 2013 1:53 AM in response to podmod.de

After a reset of the phone? That didn't do anything for me unfortunately.

I tried the "Find Friends" app thing and it let me do the terms and conditions there, but it had no effect on the terms and conditions page on the actual Settings page and I'm still getting "Unable to connect to server".

My 3G and WIFI seem to be working just fine, which is great, I just can't change my Icloud *Scratch that, now I can't even get my mail... great*.

Any other suggestions?

Message was edited by: Jorael

Sep 19, 2013 8:00 AM in response to propertyofparkdale

After attempting the 'Find my Friends' twice it did not work

what worked for me was activating my Facetime to my icloud email..(for my iphone)

So the 'You can be reached at' should have your mobile number and the email.

Once you verify this for FaceTime it will automatically trigger the Icloud and prompt you to enter your password and it should work

Sep 19, 2013 8:58 AM in response to propertyofparkdale

"Find my Friends" app let me accept terms there but when i went to settings to check- icloud is still giving me the "unable to connect to server" error as well.. I am going to try the Facetime option as mentioned by another poster. Also, icloud on the phone is showing the wrong (old) email address for me.... it is gray and i cannot up date it though.

Update: After using factime it let me read the terms and conditions but it will will not let me update the apple ID on the phone (4s) for icloud while all the other applications using the apple ID have the correct ID.

Message was edited by: jamimiranda

Sep 19, 2013 9:30 AM in response to propertyofparkdale

The 'Find my Friends' trick worked, thank you so much LyndaM23 (now to delete the stupid app)!

Otherwise a complete disaster! has taken nearly 24 hours from starting the update to iOS 7 and 11 hours to get iCloud to sync again! All because my iPhone couldn't connect to the servers when I accepted the new T&Cs – NOT well implemented! 😠

Ah well at least everything is working again now, at least it was only my phone...🙂

Unable to connect to server to accept new icloud terms and conditions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.