Hey amber sandeep this side...cud u plizz eleborate ur problem dat ur facing...for me now i can call easily even by turning on 3g and wifi on simultaneously at the same time..so far since morning the moment i upgraded my problem
Has gone...i m on vodafone delhi network even changed the sim
Earlierr but after updatin to ios 7.0.3 ithink dat wifi 3g glitch is gone
Last time I got it fixed on ios 7.0.2 by removing all blocked call and custom respond with text.
Anyway this morning upgrading to ios 7.0.3 the issue came back. Last trick did not work either.
Someone has mention that the problem could be due to Multi-Path TCP feature that was implemented on SIRI. Now this got me curious, so I try to turn off SIRI and back on again. Now my phone can make outgoing call again.
Since it seems that only some network is having the problem, I suspect that the issue lies with network provider itself. Some people also got the problem fixed by going to other network and get back to their origin network, again suspicion lies on the network provider. There could be a 'customer configuration preference' lies on your network provider that need to be refreshed to understand that your phone can do Multi-path TCP. Multi-path TCP allows continuous session stream (eg. watching youtube video) switching from GSM data (3G) network to wifi and back again. As I have tried changing my SIM card to other provider and can make outgoing call I don't think the issue lies on the phone, at least not completely. Apple might just implement the advanced feature that some network is not ready to handle the transition smoothly. Remember that this is the first massive implementation of Multi-path TCP worldwide.
Have a try and see if it can solve your problem too. Again pinpoint-ing the actual issue.
note: SIRI is the only feature on IOS 7 that uses Multi-path TCP. So my example above with youtube video doesn't apply, just for the illustration of what Multi-path TCP can do
Same problem no outgoing calls, can send/receive texts and receive calls, got a replacement iphone 5, upgraded it to 7.0.3... but still the problem persists.... don know what to do...
This has to be sorted by Apple as soon as possible! its so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how can apple be so unprofessional ????????????
Same Issue with my phone
- Using ios 7.0.3 on iPhone 5 on Vodafone network Delhi, India
- have been facing this issue since the upgrade to ios 7
- the calls don't go through for long time & at last shows call failed (almost 50% calls)
- happens only when wifi & 3G is turned on
i have tried
- dialing *#30# / *#31# / *228 - doesn't solve problem permanently, just temporary solution.
- Switching to manual network selection & than back to automatic is also temporary
- Restarting Phone / Turning on & off airplane mode also solves problem temporarily
- Works fine continuously if wifi & 3G are kept turned off. But how can we turn off internet, than why buy a smartphone.
What i feel
- With ios 7 apple has brought up some technical changes which has generated a conflict in Handset - Cellular provider exchange methodology
- As Airtel / Aircel are officially recognized by Apple as official partners, the changes have been communicated to them so that there systems can be upgraded to resolve them. This i am saying cause none of airtel / aircel users are facing this problem, not in my knowledge
- Vodafone hasn't been able to upgrade / modify setting to match ios 7 requirements, as it is not officially recognized by apple fo india. i have spoken to them several times & they insist that it must be a handset isssue, not a cellular issue.
This being a serious issue i thought new upgrade ios 7.0.3 will sort out, but disappointment as the problem persists.
I tottaly agree with you on your observations!
It must be a conflict between iOS7 and carrier settings.
I'm on Mobiltel Bulgaria - a Vodafone subsidiary.
Same problem and same response from the carrier.
I contacted Apple - they said it's a carrier problem
When I contacted Mobiltel - they said it's a iOS7 problem
In the end millions of coustomers are f***d.
I'm in Indonesia and this is happening to me. I already change my sim card 2 times. still doesn't work. and I change to another provider. yet still cannot make outgoing calls. If i took oout the sim card, and inser it again, the problem solve. but in the few days, this problem happened again. Today after I read this topic, I tried *#30# and *#31#. and it is working. I don't know if this will solve the issue in the longterm. and if tomorrow will happend again.
To all apple management team, please read this topic and solve this issue.