Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 11.1 extremely slow and laggy

Hi All,

Has anyone been experiencing any sluggishness or lagging when selecting different media types since the 11.1 update?

It can take a good 2-3 seconds just to selected a different podcast or clicking from Music to Movies etc...

Additionally, I havent had any songs or podcasts removed but all my album art is gone. and It wont allow me to add it back.

iTunes-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 10:57 PM

71 replies

Sep 19, 2013 9:26 PM in response to pypes

So i'm also experiencing this, but for me it's more specific. I listen to alot of SModcast podcasts, and ever since updating to 11.1 all the artwork for them are missing. My problem is that it's only them that i'm having issues with, every other podcast is working fine. I can manually add artwork but they still don't show up on the side bar under the "My Podcasts" tab. I resubscribed to them and still nothing. I had to delete them just to be able to scroll down and listen to other podcasts. Hope that a fix comes soon.

Sep 23, 2013 2:14 PM in response to pypes

noticed the same thing after i upgraded. after clicking on podcasts library itunes would freeze additionally when clicking on my iphone in itunes and selecting the podcast tap, itunes would beachball for 20-30 seconds. So I opened activity monitor and noticed everytime I selected podcast library or the podcasts to sync under the device network activity would skyrocket and itunes would freeze until it completed. It only occurs with podcasts.... Out of curiosity I turned wifi off, connected ethernet -> same prolem. The interesting part is if I disconnect ethernet and disable wifi everything is lightning fast, no delays, and no apparent issues other than the fact you cannot download new episodes.

itunes 11.1 extremely slow and laggy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.