Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7, duplicated photos

Hi,

just updated to IOS 7 and imported all my photos before i did i have now updated to IOS 7 and have a duplicate of every photo in my album! Help!

is there a quick fix i can do to resolved this?

iPhone 5, iOS 7, Photos

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 2:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 12:02 PM

Yeah, this is happening to me too and it's quite annoying.

54 replies

Sep 19, 2013 4:05 PM in response to Summerall2006

I believe it's due to Photostream. Within the 'Photos' tab it shoves everything, photos you've synced, photos from photostream, camera roll. It's really annoying, I much prefered having Photostream seperate and we've also now lost the photo map, really stupid idea. I now use the 'Albums' tab which on my iPad has an album which is 'Events from My Mac'; everything I've synced in their seperate events.

Sep 28, 2013 4:03 AM in response to Gat0r

Just adding myself to the list in hopes that Apple will note the growing list of people inquiring about this. I have an iPad2 and iPhone 5, which are both set to sync photos with the iPhoto app on my MacBook Air. I was very pleased with that arrangement until I updated the iPad2 to iOS 7, and then started getting the duplicate photos display in "Moments" on the iPad 2.

Mostly because of this, I haven't yet updated my iPhone5 to iOS 7.

Otherwise I like iOS 7, but my wife hates it.

Oct 1, 2013 6:25 AM in response to Summerall2006

I'm noticing this issue as well. Hoping for a fix/resolution/update.

Interesting items to note:

• I'm not getting duplication of every photo
  • I see different duplication between my iPhone 5 and my iPad 4. Both devices get synchronized identically back to my Mac, where I synchronize all photos from iPhoto.
  • Deleting a duplicated photo in my Photo Stream didn't remove the duplicate from Moments in Photos.

Oct 4, 2013 4:26 AM in response to JenJenMI

I have the same duplicated photos issue in moments. Looks like those photos I took with my iPhone got duplicated in my iPad moments and photos took with the iPad got duplicated in iPhone moments. Originally I thought it was a sync issue with the albums I have in my iPhoto but yeah, it looks like photo stream problem. Hope Apple fix it ASAP coz it's really annoying :(

iOS 7, duplicated photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.