Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOs 7 on iPad 3

Hello there.

I have ipad 3, new ipad with 16gb and 3g hardware.

Did you notice battery drain? I had my battery down in something like 4.30 hours.

The keyboard is really slow, i noticed an important lag during the use of it!

Wifi perfomance is really bad.

The only thing the customer care answered me is that they have no information about this, and i'm the only one experencing this problem........

Someone noticed the same?

Thanks

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 3:21 AM

378 replies

Sep 19, 2013 5:47 AM in response to Gergav

I've had a bad experience too. The keyboard does lag somewhat, but most alarming I had my battery at 52% before going to bed last night. I have a case which auto sleeps the device and when I woke up my battery was at 6% and demanding to be charged. This has never happened to me in almost 2 years of owning the device. I had updated all apps after the install of iOS7 and the App Store still indicates the apps need updating. I checked the open apps and it appears as though every app that was updated was also running? That may be a contributing factor for the battery bleed

Haven't tried the background change yet.

It also broke my favorite app (Marvel Unlimited) which I realize is an app issue more than an OS issue, but still a bad experience thus far.

On the plus side it runs great on my iPhone 4S!

Sep 19, 2013 10:58 AM in response to Gergav

Sorry to say I've nothing more to offer other than yep, experiencing all of the above on my iPad 3 WiFi only 32Gb.

We are talking first world problems here - the device isn't unusable but when you've been used to it being so slick and smooth, I at least can't help but be disappointed somewhat. To put things in perspective, I've upgraded my iPhone 5 to iOS 7, and found none of these issues:

General slowdown and jerkiness, especially noticeable going from landscape to portrait and vice versa

Painfully slow preview/selection of wallpapers

wifi connection less reliable - prone to stuttering

I hate to be a whinger as I love the new look and feel but I'd trade that for the smoothness of 6.1.3 in a heartbeat. Here's hoping some fixes can be made as I'd rather not have to go down the downgrade path.

Sep 19, 2013 11:29 AM in response to jce2702

I'm from Italy and trust me if tell you that i have problems si c'è upgrading on ios6. This iPad had 3G problems from the first day and apple still tell us, "first time we hear about this" and if you search up on internet is full of this.

They have never liste ed to us and never sol ed the 3G problem (when switch from wifi) nei there in ios7 (12months later) i'm sure they will never solve the battery drain and other important stuff...

iOs 7 on iPad 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.