Check this Post
It clearly shows the comparison between 6.1.3 and iOS7 and proves that 6.1.3 is much faster on iPhone 4, so why cant apple do it for iOS 7 as lots of people are facing these issues.
Anybody from Apple please reply when we can expect the fixes.
Again. Remember, this is a user forum and Apple doesn't have the resources to read the multitude of comments in all the communities. Help Apple become knowledgable about the issues by giving them feed back at the link below. Be constructive by explaining the issue. It doesn't help to rant at them. They are interested in resolving the issues. Take a minute and go here:
I have a 4s 64gb and it is slow as ****, I did start a thread yesterday but no help as yet. Maybe some phones are okay with the upgrade if they haven't utilised much of the storage space, but I have about 10k of songs and have had a whole host of problems managing them in regards syncing. I am cynical enough to think its a conspiracy to make you upgrade sooner than you might of. When is there going to be a 160gb Iphone?
Yes it makes it very very slow
1. Slow response on lock screen when you press the power button or center button it takes a long time to show the lock screen.
2. Search screen is very slow.
3. If you open any app it takes too long to open in comparison to ios 6 like temple run.
4. if you open contacts it takes long to open at first time, but take less time if you do it next time.
5. Accessing Settings , AppStore is also very slow.
Really disappointed by the upgrade .
My experience with iPhone4 on iOS7 is also the same. very slow response for every thing. Here is what I did and nothing seem to help.
I updated mine and my wife's iPhone4 to iOS7 . After upgrade, it is very slow. scrolling, typing, launching app, touch response etc.
for e.g: when launching phone app, it takes 4 seconds or so before its ready to take input. Same goes for every default apple app iMessage,settings etc. Both phones are 16GB capacity.
I tried the following and none of them helped.
1) Reset both phones to factory settings (i.e. setup as new phone without restoring from backup). Still same issues. Good bit of lag when typing my passcode, touch responses, launch times for default apps, scrolling etc.
2) From step 1) I turned off app background refresh, turned off automatic downloads of app,music,books and updates and also iCloud -> Documents & Data to off . Still no improvements. Scroll is very jerky and slow, typing is slow, app launching is slow. At this time, I only have default apps that come with iPhone and no other 3rd party apps.
I like the iOS7 UI and it is very nice but whole experience of slow responses is making me mad. In comparision, iOS6 was super fluid and response times are just amazing and iPhone4 was fun to use. Now the whole experience is gone. iPhone4 feels like very cheap phone on iOS7 with this lag for every little thing.
if iPhone4 processor cannot handle iOS7 not sure why Apple decided to release the update instead of keeping it at iOS6 just like iPhone3GS.
BTW: I tried to downgrade to iOS6 via iTunes 11.1, it is not letting me and throwing me error. It looks like apple stopped siging iOS 6.1.3 after reading about this error online.
Apple if you are reading this, please fix iOS 7 for iPhone4 and make it pleasure to use again. Or allow us to downgrade to iOS6 via iTunes.
some of the lag that you see while transition from lock screen to passcode screen or when transitioning from one page to another page or while opening the notification center and control center can be reduced to almost non existing by the following : i tfound this tip really helpful.
Use “Increase Contrast” to Eliminate Transparency & Blur Effects
The widespread transparencies, blurs, and fancy overlays throughout iOS 7 look fantastic, but on older hardware they can also make devices run slower by using up system resources.
- Open Settings and go to “General” then to “Accessibility”
- Choose “Increase Contrast” and toggle it to ON
This makes the Notification Center, Control Center, folders, and some other UI elements a bit less attractive since it takes away the eye candy, removing the transparent effects and changing their respective backgrounds to a solid color. If you notice any sort of lag with opening the aforementioned features, you’ll notice a nice speed boost by turning the contrast on.
Note that some hardware doesn’t support as many transparencies to begin with, but you can still toggle the setting to reduce it further.
If u want to fix the laggy typing on ios 7 for iphone 4 there IS a fix:
simply go into iCloud settings and disable Documents and Data.
This link http://http://news.softpedia.com/news/Guide-Fix-iOS-7-Keyboard-Lag-on-iPhone-4-3 85447.shtml is where I found it.
I don't know how this works but it does.