Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! Motion of user interface is nauseating iOS 7

I updated my iPad 2 to iOS 7 yesterday. It is certainly very bright! But my main problem is with the motion of the Icons on the Home screen, even after toggling to "Reduce Motion of user interface, including the parallax effect on icons and alerts" the speed at which they zoom in is visually disturbing.

I wish there was a way to revert to the way in which they appeared in iOS 6 which did not have this wince making motion sickness inducing feeling.

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1, Upgraded to iOS 7

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 3:00 AM

54 replies

Sep 21, 2013 9:28 AM in response to wendy_is

I've turned on BOLD TEXT and turned on REDUCE MOTION but for me it feels like more than just the zooms in and out... I'm getting sick just reading emails and texts or just glancing at the lock screen. It's intant nausea. The only thing I can think of is that it's something to do with refresh rate or frequency of the screen.

I thought I'd just get used to it but it has not subsided. I only hope I don't have to resort to backgrading to iOS 6 or worse, moving to a different brand of phone.

Sep 21, 2013 9:46 AM in response to dU2mDUifydkRa0E9ic5A

Software updates to thinness of fonts and other lines on screen can effect the way the screen vibrates. I'm a motion graphics designer and am constantly aware of not using certain colors and thinnesses of type because of how hard they can be on the human eye.

All I know is it's day four of total nausea using this phone. The last thing I want to do is change phones or downgrade but this is awful.

Sep 21, 2013 9:48 AM in response to nybe

I'm a motion graphics designer and am constantly aware of not using certain colors and thinnesses of type

You must still be designing for old cathode ray monitors then. The shimmering type 'vibrations" affect interlaced, low-resolution displays, and particularly CRT displays. In particular 1-pixel high horizontal lines will shimmer like crazy on an interlaced display. Hi-res, digital, non-interlaced displays are not affected by such things.

Reds and blues also caused colour fringing on old CRT displays, but again, that's not a problem on modern hi-resolution digital LCD displays such as those on modern mobile devices.

Obviously, some colours are harder to see when used on certain other colours, but that is nothing to do with the refresh rate - just the choice of colours.

Help! Motion of user interface is nauseating iOS 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.