Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In iOS 7, how do you clear the "Missed" section of the Notification Center?

The "Missed" seciton doesn't have the Clear button like the "Recent" seciton does, and I can't seem to get rid of the missed calls in that list. I even went as far as to erase all my missed and recent phone calls in the Phone list, but the notification center won't clear out.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 10:42 AM

35 replies

Feb 27, 2017 7:21 AM in response to TLP34

I've had similar issue. Have you tried closing the Phone app from the multitask menu? (Double tap the home button and then swipe up the Phone application.) It worked for me. If this doesn't work try to press on the missed call (which will call the number) and then immediately cancel it. It's definitely an iOS bug though and would be nice if it would be fixed.

Sep 23, 2013 9:48 PM in response to TLP34

Yep same issue here. dont give me this 'follow instructions above' nonsense. There is a clear bug with the "Missed" section in Notifcation Center where notices will get stuck with no way to clear them. Just today I experienced the missed call issues the rest of these guys had and a few days ago I had a calendar event get stuck there. The ONLY way to clear it is to reboot the device.

I wonder how many months well have to wait for this to get fixed.

Sep 26, 2013 2:44 AM in response to TLP34

I've been trying to grok the new notification center on ios7 with Apple so notoriously light with the documentation so here goes:

- missed notifications (the rightmost tab in ios7 notification center) collates all of your notifications that you got when the phone was locked (the ones you get on the lock screen only) so that you dont have to worry about unlocking the phone and losing those.

- they sorted in reverse chronological order from newest to oldest

- 'missed' only covers the last 24 hours so the oldest notification you will see is 24 hours old. this is seemingly by design and i guess its logical to assume people will check their phone once every 24 hours.

Oct 14, 2013 10:42 PM in response to TLP34

I think this must be a bug.

I am also unable to clear missed calls in the 'Missed' section of the Notification Center. Sliding left to right does nothing and right to left takes me to the ALL section. Dragging from the middle does nothing too…

Tapping on it calls the caller but still does not clear it from the Notification Center. There's also no option to clear it from other areas within the Notification Center.

If users have to reboot the device to clear it, then I think it's not a practical way. This should be fixed.

In iOS 7, how do you clear the "Missed" section of the Notification Center?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.