Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Addresses not showing in contacts

Upgraded to iOS 7 and have experinced an issue with one of our users. In all of the contacts, no addresses are listed. Funny thing is we can search by any part of the address string (zip code, street name, city, etc.) and contact shows up. But when we open the contact no address is listed.

Hardware: iPhone 5

Software: iOS 7

Contacts are from Exchange 2008

Anyone experience this yet?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 10:58 AM

34 replies

Oct 3, 2013 7:56 AM in response to jimga99

I have the same issue with one of our users. Contacts visible in Outlook 2010, snyc'd through Exchange Sync to iPhone and iPad, both upgraded to IOS 7, but some, not all, addresses arn't visible in the contacts on the iPad. I've removed the contacts and re-added but they are appearing the same.

I've asked the user to apply the IOS 7.0.2 patch, and if that doesn't improve anything then we'll remove and re-add the Exchange sync to see if that resolves it.

Ric

Oct 3, 2013 8:24 AM in response to R0v1n

Yeah version 7 is becoming a real pain. I am the Apple Enterprise admin here at our company and have asked users not to upgrade until we work out some of these issues. We have over a thousand iOS devices. I do recommend removing the Exchange account from the devices and adding it back. As a last resort I have had to put some device in DFU mode, resdtore, then and set it up as a new device. Sometimes restoring from backup reintroduces the same problems.

Another issue is the iMessage failures. Apple has acknowleged this issue and is working on a fix. In the interim if your messaging is not working, turn it off (Settings >Messages>iMessage), restart your iPhone or iPad, then turn iMessage back on. That fixed it for me.

I'll keep posting fixes I discover.

Jimga99

Oct 7, 2013 8:12 AM in response to kathleenfromseattle

To turn off contacts, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars then select the mail account and turn of Contacts. Restart your iPhone and then turn Contacts back on. You can go one step further and delete the email account then re-add it again after a restart.

I also frequently perform a complete restore when an iPhone is particularly troublesome. Remember, this process completely erases your iPhone and returns it to factory default. Make sure your apps, music, pictures, etc. are synced to your computer.

1. Turn your iPhone off.

2. Connect one end of the USB cable to your computer (do not connect the other end to your iPhone yet.)

3. While holding down the home button, connect the other end of the USB cable to your iPhone.

4. Continue to hold down the home button while your iPhone starts up.

5. Eventually you will see the iTunes logo. Your iPhone is now in recovery mode.

6. Open iTunes and click on Restore iPhone.

7. After restoring, set up as new iPhone

8. Setup your mail. Sync music, apps, pictures etc.

Nov 6, 2013 8:55 AM in response to jimga99

I'm having similar issue. I sync contacts through outlook 2013 via itunes. The address is in the contact, it just doesn't appear. I can actually search for a part of the address, and the iphone will find the correct entry, just not display it. I found a quick work-around. edit the contact, and add another address. just a single character to the 'other' address entry. then save. you should then see 2 addresses. However, if your original entry is 'home' and you edit 'home', I'm not sure if it will wipe it out or not - so proceed with caution.

Nov 20, 2013 2:47 PM in response to jimga99

I am having this same issue. Everything was fine until I upgraded the iPhone 4 to the new iOS7. I have tried all of the above and nothing fixes the problem, Addresses (on a random basis) do not appear. Some contact addresses appear on the phone, some do not. I can not determine a pattern for those addresses that appear and those that don't. All appear in Outlook.

Hardware: iPhone 4

Software: iOS7

Contacts from Exchange-Outlook

Any fixes from Apple??

Addresses not showing in contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.