Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought a composite AV cable with 30 pin connector at a proper apple store for my ipad 2 which no longer works now i have updated to ios7 - please advise how to make this work ?

I bought a composite AV cable with 30 pin connector at a proper apple store for my ipad 2 which no longer works now i have updated to ios7 - please advise how to make this work ?

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 6:56 AM

5 replies

Nov 4, 2013 3:04 AM in response to chrisjfenton

I have the same problem.

Two similar discussions:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5342743

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5408928

I have not yet seen any official response to the question: "Is the Apple AV Composite cable fully supported with 30pin connector devices upgraded with iOS7 - specifically ? - eg. iPad 2, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s"

If it is not currently supported is that then due to a bug / oversight and in that case is it something that will be fixed in the near future?

Please let us know what feedback you got from asking Apple support.

Dec 7, 2013 8:37 AM in response to chrisjfenton

I think it doesn't work. I've searched and found a lot of people with similar problems but no one with an answer and no official response from Apple (yet).

My iPad3 and iPhone 4S will play through my composite AV cable but neither will charge. The plug side of it is now redundant unless/until a fix is found. Frustrating as neither the cable nor the hardware has changed, just the software, so you would have thought that a fix is possible.

The other thing I noticed with mine after a time is that the fuse in the plug went. A new fuse put the power back into the plug, but I still got a message saying it couldn't charge my devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.