Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to turn on "Limit Ad Tracking" on iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Tried everything, i.e. turning cellular data off, using Airplane mode, and rebooting, and I still can't turn on "limit ad tracking" under Privacy. What am I missing here? Thank you for any help you can provide.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2013 4:34 PM

39 replies

Sep 17, 2016 7:56 AM in response to Ruth54

I Installed ios 10 recently, then realized that freemyapps, featurepoints, etc. wont work! It keeps telling me to turn off limit ad tracking, and when i go to privacy/advertising, i see limit ad tracking green but greyed out so i cannot toggle it... i went to general/restrictions/advertising only to realize that changes were already on... how do I fix this? I cannot find a solution!

Oct 3, 2016 2:45 PM in response to Doremi11

This is very confusing for me. I, too, have been using FreeMyApps for a while, and I updated to iOS 10, thinking it would be great. Now, Limit Ad Tracking is forced on by Apple. I've checked Restrictions: not a glitch. I've checked everywhere. Resetting my Network did not work, as it still stayed greyed out and unavailable to change.

Thanks a lot, Apple.

Oct 27, 2016 8:22 AM in response to DaFatHippo

I have found the solution! I also have been trying to use free my apps and the limit ad tracking is locked on green. so I looked at restrictions and it wasn't restricted. After a week I thought "what if my wi-fi forces it on?" so I turned off my wifi, and it let me turn limit ad tracking off, but then when I turned the wifi on again, it turned it back on. so what I did was this.

1. Turn off wifi 2. go to limit ad tracking and turn it off 3. go to restrictions and for advertising select don't allow changes.

4. turn wifi back on and if you look at limit ad tracking it shows a loading thing where the switch is.

even though its a loading thing, free my apps started working!

it works because I made it so the wifi can't change it because I did don't allow changes

Unable to turn on "Limit Ad Tracking" on iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.