Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is error code-1407 ??

hi

I was trying to get rid of some applications on my Mac that I never use and when I try to move something to the trash i get a message saying that there is error code-1407!! Any ideas???

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 5:40 PM

2 replies

Oct 10, 2013 6:52 PM in response to marcin7311

There is a set number of programs that are required for the operating system to run.

Especially any program already in the Utilities folder that you did not install is part of the operating system.

Furthermore, your 10.5.8 Apple menu -> System Preferences -> accounts -> select your startup account -> Login Items may be launching a program at startup that is trying to access the program you are trying to trash. Remove it from the Login Items by selecting it and hitting the minus sign below. You may have to unlock your administrative password. If you forgot that password, this guide should help you.

Error code -1407 comes up with this info. If it expected a folder, and got a file, that might be a sign of data corruption. You aren't using MacKeeper on the computer per chance? If you are, you need to remove it using these instructions. Any system utility that cleans system cache (not browser cache) could lead to this sort of corruption. Stop using such utilities, and boot in safe mode to remove third party applications of other sources. Safe mode is with the shift key.

Lastly, not all the remaining libraries of an application may be removed. You may need to reinstall the application in question after installing an uninstaller program, so all the appropriate libraries may be removed. This is especially necessary if you think you'll need to access that program in the future and don't want to fill up your Time Machine or other backup with that program's data.

If you are using another operating system that is having this trouble, please update your signature or tell us what you are using by going to Apple menu -> About This Mac.

what is error code-1407 ??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.