Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Artwork is not displayed in Remote App

Apple TV and iPad are running the latest and greatest updates. I noticed that while playing a movie, artwork is not displayed in the remote App anymore. Same with iPhone remote App. This started after installing the latest Apple TV update. Any known resolution ?

Posted on Oct 12, 2013 5:22 PM

25 replies

Sep 22, 2014 1:15 AM in response to Icebugz

Seeing this after this week's Remote update.

Artwork displays correctly in the app except for the large zoomed view eg when you tap on the album artwork for the currently playing track it fills the screen with the album artwork - except it now just shows a grey box with the artist and album name.

I'm using Remote to control itunes on a Mac on my LAN.

Oct 6, 2014 12:07 PM in response to cooldrewb

If you read the thread I linked to you will see it being discussed. Essentially you would need to have had the earlier version and have a backuo of it.

Otherwise you're screwed unless you can find someone with the old version who will send it to you or put it somewhere, at least until Apple pull their finger out, which judging from other issues with their iTunes ecosystem could take years or not at all. The clowns.

Oct 6, 2014 12:16 PM in response to oviano

Wow, I didn't realize you had to restore your whole phone. Nice going Apple! Now just to make sure I am having the same problem after reading those posts. My album art does eventually show up but it is slow. Is this the same thing? I have a big music collection so I wasn't sure if it was because of that or not. Also, when I play a song, I see the album art.

Artwork is not displayed in Remote App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.