Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i forgot my rescue email and my security questions

Posted on Oct 14, 2013 12:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 10:03 PM

What if there is no "Password and Security tab" to reset your security question.

Theres literally nothing in the password and security tab. Nothing but security questions.

163 replies

Feb 16, 2017 12:25 PM in response to minakamber

Yesterday I read all the 11 pages because I had the same problem. After speaking 5 times to the local support and even once the US support I got very angry because they couldn't send my device a message to identify me (only alternative in combination with support PIN). One representative was very helpful (and I was very polite) to forward my call to a senior support engineer which will take this case seriously. Patience would have helped in my situation!

Before my problem was solved, I accidentally found the answer today without support!

# How to reset security questions if you forgot them (or never knew them because you randomly smashed your keyboard, like me) and had no recovery emailaddress set

Turn on iCloud keychain in iCloud settings menu (if you have that already turned on, this instruction won't help probably)

Enter mobile number

Verify code by SMS

Finish setting up keychain

Press name on top of iCloud settings menu

Password and security

Enable 2 factor authentication (this couldn't be done without setting mobile number because security questions were asked before)

Follow process to finish

Login to https://appleid.apple.com/account/manage (with 2 factor authentication ofcourse)

Go to the Security part and disable 2-factor authentication

Enter new security questions 🙂

Enter recovery email address 🙂

This worked for me with an iPad 2 on IOS 9.3.5.

Hope it wil help some of you!

Feb 21, 2017 1:44 AM in response to qurbansakhawat

See if you can reset the questions : If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions

If you can’t reset them yourself contact Support in the country where you are (and which is therefore the country on your account) and see if they can reset them for you : Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security

If your country isn't on that page try this form to contact Support : https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html

Oct 16, 2013 1:51 PM in response to minakamber

Hello minakamber,

Thanks for the question. If you do not remember the answers to your security questions please refer to the following article:

Apple ID: All about Apple ID security questions

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5665

What should I do if I don't remember the answers to my Apple ID security questions?

Try answering them at least once to see if you can get them right, even if you are not sure you remember the answers to your security questions.

If you are confident you can't remember them, try one of the following:

If you have three security questions and a rescue email address

- sign in to My Apple ID and select the Password and Security tab to send an email to your rescue email address to reset your security questions and answers.

If you have one security question and you know your Apple ID password

- sign in to My Apple ID and select the Password and Security tab to reset your security question.

If you have one security question, but don't remember your Apple ID password

- contact Apple Supportfor assistance. Learn more about creating a temporary support PIN to help Apple confirm your identity when you contact Apple Support.

If you continue to have issues, please contact our Account Security Team as outlined in this article:

Apple ID: Contacting Apple for help with Apple ID account security

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5699

Thanks,

Matt M.

Dec 12, 2013 2:50 PM in response to techfreak15

this has been a technical nightmare. I don't see this on the site... but after 90 minutes on hold and 2 dropped calls... support told me the ONLY way you can get around this is to talk with them. I had thought that my alternative (2nd) email in my ID account was my Rescue Email.... but it isn't. And you can't fix this online.

Go to expresslane.apple.com

select MORE PRODUCTS / SERVICES

select MY APPLE ID

select OTHER APPLE ID PRODUCTS

select FORGOTTEN ...SECURITY.....

select CONTINUE

select TALK TO SUPPORT NOW.... and they really will call you in a few minutes....

There may be another way to do this...it's confusing....... but that is what I did.....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.